Grace Appleby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
So I’m starting year 12 in September, and I’m thinking of A levels, and I need some advice. Would A level, History, Philosophy and BTEC Criminology be a good combination? I’m also thinking of perhaps doing a degree in Criminology instead, so I thought Criminology would fit well. However, I’m worried that universities won’t value Criminology as it is a BTEC. Could anyone give any advice, like would it affect my chances of doing a History degree?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Grace Appleby)
So I’m starting year 12 in September, and I’m thinking of A levels, and I need some advice. Would A level, History, Philosophy and BTEC Criminology be a good combination? I’m also thinking of perhaps doing a degree in Criminology instead, so I thought Criminology would fit well. However, I’m worried that universities won’t value Criminology as it is a BTEC. Could anyone give any advice, like would it affect my chances of doing a History degree?
Most Unis do accept Btecs but I’m not sure about a Btec in Criminology. If your school offers Sociology A level that might be preferable as every uni accepts that and it is related to criminology
PetitePanda
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Unis are fine with btecs as long as they are with A levels. You'll be fine with Criminology degree but I'm not sure they will accept criminology btec for history - I recommend contacting the unis if they will accept that kind of btec.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (36)
15.38%
I'm not sure (8)
3.42%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (88)
37.61%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.71%
I'm not a current university student (98)
41.88%

Watched Threads