Deisosospiw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
Is it a good school to do an undergraduate degree at. For example accounting and finance, economics or management. I want a good stable job with a good income in the future.
Gfall68
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Cass is good enough / has good enough rep within the City of London to get you that. It's not elite, but is the next tier below.
Deisosospiw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Gfall68)
Cass is good enough / has good enough rep within the City of London to get you that. It's not elite, but is the next tier below.
What are examples of elite universities ? Does somewhere like Nottingham or bath count as elite or in the same tier as city ?
Gfall68
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Deisosospiw)
What are examples of elite universities ? Does somewhere like Nottingham or bath count as elite or in the same tier as city ?
I would say that Cass ranks slightly higher than Nottingham or Bath for finance-type degrees because Cass literally exists to focus on those types of subjects (Accountancy, Finance, Insurance). For any other subject, Bath and Nottingham are superior to City university.

My advice as someone who has graduated and succesfully gone through recruitment processes and met lots of other graduates - is not to worry too much about the specific uni, instead look at the specifics of the course and opportunities the uni offers outside of just academics. In my own personal rankings, the best unis aside from Oxbridge are Warwick and Imperial. The LSE is excellent for career prospects, but the teaching and learning experience there is poor from what my friends have told me.

Durham, Manchester, UCL....the list goes on of other really good unis which aren't the "elite" but still class - which is why employers have to look beyond the uni and look at you as an individual! For certain degrees, Cass is up there with these unis, below Oxbridge, Warwick, Imperial, but on par with Manchester / Bristol / Exeter etc.
John Bull
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Graduate outcomes for Cass are not good. Consult the employment stats. Would not recommend.
Buttmuffin
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Is it a good school to do an undergraduate degree at. For example accounting and finance, economics or management. I want a good stable job with a good income in the future.
Cass A&F needs AAA

For those grades, you should go UCL/LSE/King's/Bath/Bristol/Manchester/Edinburgh.... and the list goes on
Deisosospiw
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by John Bull)
Graduate outcomes for Cass are not good. Consult the employment stats. Would not recommend.
Graduates from cass earn the highest salaries compared to other universities though there’s articles about it
John Bull
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Graduates from cass earn the highest salaries compared to other universities though there’s articles about it
That's *******s. Their MSc FInance course has a 20% unemployment rate after 6 months by their own metrics in their employment report. If you are paying so much money then go to somewhere like Imperial instead. Cass is not worth it. Take away people getting jobs through family connections then the final figures are poor. 40% of people in their MSc Finance employment report got jobs through "personal contacts". Daddy got them a job.

Might seem harsh, but it's true.

https://www.city.ac.uk/careers/your-...usiness-school
joshconyers
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I’m convinced you must have had your feelings hurt by cass because just about every post about the school you just **** on it with some cynical rubbish. Don’t listen to this guy, OP.

(Original post by John Bull)
That's *******s. Their MSc FInance course has a 20% unemployment rate after 6 months by their own metrics in their employment report. If you are paying so much money then go to somewhere like Imperial instead. Cass is not worth it. Take away people getting jobs through family connections then the final figures are poor. 40% of people in their MSc Finance employment report got jobs through "personal contacts". Daddy got them a job.

Might seem harsh, but it's true.

https://www.city.ac.uk/careers/your-...usiness-school
John Bull
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by joshconyers)
I’m convinced you must have had your feelings hurt by cass because just about every post about the school you just **** on it with some cynical rubbish. Don’t listen to this guy, OP.
My feelings have not been hurt by anyone. Would you care to address any of the points I made? You come across like a defensive current or past student of Cass.

Some people are putting out deliberately misleading information about Cass. I am entitled to respond and correct them. If you want pretend that Cass is in the same class as LSE, Imperial then you are welcome to pretend. Doesn't make it true though.

I have provided information from their own figures. This is a discussion forum. We are allowed to critically discuss the employment prospects, reputation and quality of universities. If you can't handle it then jog on. I am not going to post propaganda about a school to cater to a sensitive person like you.

Cass is a middling B school with a massively inflated ranking in the FT and elsewhere. The graduate prospects are not great and you can analyse their own employment figures that they release for proof of this,

Apply to Warwick, LSE, Imperial and so on. Cass is not in the same class.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (178)
28.48%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.64%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.28%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.32%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.16%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.2%

Watched Threads