Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Would it be possible to write a personal statement relevant for both

Cambridge Natural Sciences

And

Imperial Biomolecular Engineering

Imperial sells the course as a blend of engineering problem solving and life scientist preparation

- if I made a statement relevant to life sciences but also emphasising my enjoyment of mathematical puzzles - could I create a statement that's worthy of both courses?

Courses:

https://www.undergraduate.study.cam....tural-sciences

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...y-requirements
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
In this case yes, especially if you apply for NatSci entry chemical engineering at Cambridge (which doesn't require you to continue in ChemE after 1st year of NatSci if you don't want to). Since chemical engineering at Cambridge also includes biotechnology I imagine a statement for Imperial biomolecular engineering would be very applicable for that.

Even if not, Cambridge understand that most applying to natural sciences there will be applying to other courses (typically single honours science courses, but possibly other things) at other universities - that is why in the SAQ which you need to fill in when applying to Cambridge, there is a section for an optional second personal statement if you wish to write some more material that discusses your specific interests in and goals from the natural sciences course at Cambridge in particular.

Generally it may not be possible but Cambridge allows some flexibility due to the additional statement on the SAQ, and NatSci has a specific route connected to chemical engineering there anyway, which itself has connections with "biomolecular engineering".
Last edited by artful_lounger; 1 year ago
Tinders
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Normally, yes it is very easy to apply to multiple courses in one application, provided they are related. For example, I applied to 2 politics courses, 2 law courses and 1 law and politics course. However, with Cambridge and Oxford, I know they like to have personal statements very specific to one subject. If I were you, I would email undegrad admissions and ask the question there.
Fermion.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would stick to one course if I were you
_harveer.s_
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by artful_lounger)
In this case yes, especially if you apply for NatSci entry chemical engineering at Cambridge (which doesn't require you to continue in ChemE after 1st year of NatSci if you don't want to). Since chemical engineering at Cambridge also includes biotechnology I imagine a statement for Imperial biomolecular engineering would be very applicable for that.

Even if not, Cambridge understand that most applying to natural sciences there will be applying to other courses (typically single honours science courses, but possibly other things) at other universities - that is why in the SAQ which you need to fill in when applying to Cambridge, there is a section for an optional second personal statement if you wish to write some more material that discusses your specific interests in and goals from the natural sciences course at Cambridge in particular.

Generally it may not be possible but Cambridge allows some flexibility due to the additional statement on the SAQ, and NatSci has a specific route connected to chemical engineering there anyway, which itself has connections with "biomolecular engineering".
Thanks for the advice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (5)
8.93%
I need help researching courses (5)
8.93%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
5.36%
I need help with my personal statement (24)
42.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (14)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.57%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
5.36%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed