The Student Room Group

Will I be able to go be funded for another year?

So I just found out that a deadline for an assignment had passed and it was the final deadline for that assignment . I confused the dates of two assignments which kept on changing and now ended up missing an assignment worth 50%. So I have basically failed that class unless I can make some miracle and get 100% on my final exam which is not likely.
Due to that I'm most likely failing the whole year. As I don't have enough credits to graduate. I was wondering if I did have to take another year would Student Finance still fund me. Mind you they've already funded me for a gift year as I had to change my degree. Would they fund me again for a failed year?
Original post by JamesLHenderson
So I just found out that a deadline for an assignment had passed and it was the final deadline for that assignment . I confused the dates of two assignments which kept on changing and now ended up missing an assignment worth 50%. So I have basically failed that class unless I can make some miracle and get 100% on my final exam which is not likely.
Due to that I'm most likely failing the whole year. As I don't have enough credits to graduate. I was wondering if I did have to take another year would Student Finance still fund me. Mind you they've already funded me for a gift year as I had to change my degree. Would they fund me again for a failed year?

You should make an extenuating circumstances claim. Have you explained to your tutor?
Normally where you have important deadlines, then they are known many weeks in advance and you write it down.

Sometimes the rules allow for late submission at a penalty.

It would seem rather a big over sight.

In terms if studentb finance if you have used your gift year then you can try and make a compelling personal reasons claim.
More likely they will just ask you to resubmit and cap the highest score at 40 rather than needing funding for the whole year. See your PT..

If you got 80 or even75 on the other essay they might let you through.
Could you not resit over the summer maybe?
Original post by 999tigger
You should make an extenuating circumstances claim. Have you explained to your tutor?
Normally where you have important deadlines, then they are known many weeks in advance and you write it down.

Sometimes the rules allow for late submission at a penalty.

It would seem rather a big over sight.

In terms if studentb finance if you have used your gift year then you can try and make a compelling personal reasons claim.
More likely they will just ask you to resubmit and cap the highest score at 40 rather than needing funding for the whole year. See your PT..

If you got 80 or even75 on the other essay they might let you through.

For sure it's on me that's not an arguement. I should have double checked. I just assumed the bigger proportion of the grade would be assessed later compared to the other which is like 10 percent which is due tomorrow. So it was my fault for not checking. I handed in the 10 percent on the date I was supposed to hand in the 50 percent.
I just haven't been in the best of places. Im having issues or relapsing into my depression and I'm so out of it. I'm at a state where it would take me a hot minute to figure out whether I'm putting my shoes on the right way. XD

I've talked to my tutor and they said there isn't anything I could do but they forwarded my issue to the department head. I'm hoping they will allow me to resubmit in August or they allow me to make up for the 15 credits another way.

If it comes down to it and I have to take another year. I'm hoping the fact that I have clinical depression. And was not able to attend my therapy sessions due to the pandemic will give me leeway on this.

Thanks for answering.
Original post by JamesLHenderson
For sure it's on me that's not an arguement. I should have double checked. I just assumed the bigger proportion of the grade would be assessed later compared to the other which is like 10 percent which is due tomorrow. So it was my fault for not checking. I handed in the 10 percent on the date I was supposed to hand in the 50 percent.
I just haven't been in the best of places. Im having issues or relapsing into my depression and I'm so out of it. I'm at a state where it would take me a hot minute to figure out whether I'm putting my shoes on the right way. XD

I've talked to my tutor and they said there isn't anything I could do but they forwarded my issue to the department head. I'm hoping they will allow me to resubmit in August or they allow me to make up for the 15 credits another way.

If it comes down to it and I have to take another year. I'm hoping the fact that I have clinical depression. And was not able to attend my therapy sessions due to the pandemic will give me leeway on this.

Thanks for answering.

I think the other year is unduly pessimistic. You say relapse into depression. Have you seen your GP lately?
They will take more notice if you have a GP letter. Resubmit capped would make more sense.

Do you have the 50% essay ready to back up your claim?

Try not to fret, nothing you can do now.
Original post by 999tigger
I think the other year is unduly pessimistic. You say relapse into depression. Have you seen your GP lately?
They will take more notice if you have a GP letter. Resubmit capped would make more sense.

Do you have the 50% essay ready to back up your claim?

Try not to fret, nothing you can do now.

I do have it ready! And I'll call my GP and see what they say. Since I do need to talk to someone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending