The Student Room Group

EPQ idea help please, criminology/racism

Hi guys im doing my epq and id appreciate if someone could help me out.

I've seen that not many people have done this idea but its one i am very interested in and feel passionate about, being the presence of blatant racist injustice in criminal justice systems, and also how this has shaped modern justice.

For my idea it is mainly based about the United States due to the great demonstration of racism there, and the laws and ammendments that are supposed to be stopping it, along with the huge history fueling it.

Is this a bad idea to make it about the USA as im in england should i be making it about the UK? and what do you think of the idea of the EPQ as a whole?
No its not a bad idea as people do it on other countries but you need to make sure with your teacher that this topic is ethically okay. Tbh this is too broad as there's a lot of history around it so make sure you are talking about modern society in your title and focus. Also make a focus on what you're going talk about the legal system or legislation as they can be seen as two different big topics. Maybe focus on a specific group as there's a lot of history with each ethnic group but it depends on your research as I dont know that much. I think your idea is fine tbh
Reply 2
Original post by PetitePanda
No its not a bad idea as people do it on other countries but you need to make sure with your teacher that this topic is ethically okay. Tbh this is too broad as there's a lot of history around it so make sure you are talking about modern society in your title and focus. Also make a focus on what you're going talk about the legal system or legislation as they can be seen as two different big topics. Maybe focus on a specific group as there's a lot of history with each ethnic group but it depends on your research as I dont know that much. I think your idea is fine tbh

thanks for replying and the advice

i was thinking about doing it surrounding the legal system/ justice system and the injustice to African Americans in modern society, taking into account the history surrounding the topic. maybe something along the lines of, to what extent past racial injustices have shaped the modern criminal justice system in the united states.

thanks so much for ur feedback and its still early so i have a lot of time ahead to change and plan

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending