emduck
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,

My placement got cancelled last week, and I am currently in the progress of changing my course at my uni to a 4 year MEng rather than a 5 year MEng sandwich course. I (stupidly) went onto student finance and changed the course I was studying before my university got back to me about changing the course, I don't know if that will delay things or not.

My main concern is getting the right amount of funding, as it will now only let me fill out a paper form (I have no printer), to send off to change the amount of my maintenance loan, which I don't recall ever having to fill out before. I probably in my panic have done things wrong, but frankly, there isn't much advice out there, as placements don't normally get cancelled. I am not quite sure what I need to do, to ensure that I get a maintenance loan, that is means-tested, as otherwise, I can't afford to live next year.

Many Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by emduck)
Hi there,

My placement got cancelled last week, and I am currently in the progress of changing my course at my uni to a 4 year MEng rather than a 5 year MEng sandwich course. I (stupidly) went onto student finance and changed the course I was studying before my university got back to me about changing the course, I don't know if that will delay things or not.

My main concern is getting the right amount of funding, as it will now only let me fill out a paper form (I have no printer), to send off to change the amount of my maintenance loan, which I don't recall ever having to fill out before. I probably in my panic have done things wrong, but frankly, there isn't much advice out there, as placements don't normally get cancelled. I am not quite sure what I need to do, to ensure that I get a maintenance loan, that is means-tested, as otherwise, I can't afford to live next year.

Many Thanks
Hi there, if you applied for the max Maintenance Loan online then you shouldn't have to complete the Maintenance Loan Request Form. You can follow this video guide http://ow.ly/gpx530ptOSo to amend your course to change it to the 4 year version and then your loan amounts will be re assessed..

If you only applied for the basic loan then you can complete a household income form http://ow.ly/d/8nhI and your parents can complete the PFF2 http://ow.ly/opMD30qijXx form. You can print these off at a library or a printing shop once they re open on June 15th.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (145)
42.9%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (39)
11.54%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (28)
8.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (72)
21.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.06%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (20)
5.92%

Watched Threads