The Student Room Group

Have your say: Access targets would mean admitting students with no grades, unis say

Here's where you can post a comment about our Access targets would mean admitting students with no grades, unis say article.

Read the full Access targets would mean admitting students with no grades, unis say article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.

That's the best image I've ever seen :rofl:
6DAF7039-34EC-4338-B5B8-2E76446BFCAB.jpeg
@CoolCavy - I’m not saying that I use it a lot but....
Reply 4
The comment used for this article's title is gaslighting at it's finest. Where does it say that these Uni's would have to admit unqualified students into their universities? The authorities are saying, 'make it easier for disadvantaged students to access higher education', not 'throw away all your standards', but then again some of these schools are known to be elitist and or have a history of being exclusionist, so maybe that's the threatened standard they hoped to uphold anyway. Ah... there it is, the source of the privileged tears, oh what shall they do now. The worst I can honestly see happening to the Uni's, is being forced to be more generous with their financial aid to qualified but disadvantaged students, but clearly disadvantaged has been deemed synonymous with stupidity for so long that even academics are starting to believe it. Disappointing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending