The Student Room Group

Simple Question: How can I get results for August?

So I'm a private candidate who is re-sitting A-level physics. My school said they won't provide a grade for me, so I would have to sit the autumn exam, but my Uni offer said I must have the grades by August. I've already been sitting at home for a year and I cannot afford to waste another year with differed entry.

I see on the Ofqual guidance for PC, they talk about changing exam centres, but I can't seem to find any that do it in the London area in order for me to receive grades before August's Result Day

What do I do? Am I just not looking properly?
Reply 1
Original post by narmi786
So I'm a private candidate who is re-sitting A-level physics. My school said they won't provide a grade for me, so I would have to sit the autumn exam, but my Uni offer said I must have the grades by August. I've already been sitting at home for a year and I cannot afford to waste another year with differed entry.

I see on the Ofqual guidance for PC, they talk about changing exam centres, but I can't seem to find any that do it in the London area in order for me to receive grades before August's Result Day

I think you've probably missed the window for transferring to a new centre. You could transfer a few weeks ago when Ofqual announced it. Some centres that were accepting PCs included Greene's and 'Tutors and Exams'. I think you're really going to struggle to find somewhere that will accept you now though because in June centres will be submitting their centre assessment grades and they'd need to give you mocks to do, validate your evidence and so on.

It sucks :frown: some unis are willing to look at other evidence to see if they will accept you anyway, even if you won't get grades this summer. I would try and contact your unis and see what they say
Reply 2
Original post by narmi786

Hey narmi,
I'm in the EXACT same position as you. My Sixth Form centre literally told me their final decision to not let me do remotely supervised assessments on the 18th May, 3 days after the registration deadline with another exam centre. I have contacted my unis and they won't tell me whether they will accept my tutor's evidence until August ! What about your universities ? If you like you can send me a DM, I would love to have some sense of orientation in this mess :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest