What is a"formal reprimand"?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I just would like to know the answer to this question as I have submitted a serious complaint about someone at my uni and one of the sanctions is a formal reprimand. Can someone explain this? Thanks.
bagger288
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
"We are very very angry with you, and we will write you a letter telling you how angry we are".
Last edited by bagger288; 2 months ago
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bagger288)
"We are very very angry with you, and we will write you a letter telling you how angry we are".
wow...really? and they think that is acceptable as a punishment!? thank you for your help.
bagger288
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
wow...really? and they think that is acceptable as a punishment!? thank you for your help.
Yes, because they need a wide range of punishments for a wide range of potential offences.

You say it's a serious complaint, and it might well be; I know nothing about it. But one person's serious complaint is another person's ludicrous overreaction, especially in today's overly sensitive "safe space"-loving universities.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A *******ing in written form from someone official
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It'll go on their record.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bagger288)
Yes, because they need a wide range of punishments for a wide range of potential offences.

You say it's a serious complaint, and it might well be; I know nothing about it. But one person's serious complaint is another person's ludicrous overreaction, especially in today's overly sensitive "safe space"-loving universities.
well yes it is serious because I was sexually assaulted by this person so I hope the punishment will be more severe than just a telling off.
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
well yes it is serious because I was sexually assaulted by this person so I hope the punishment will be more severe than just a telling off.
Have you reported it to the police? If not, you should, not only for yourself but in case it's happened before and to try and prevent it happening again?

Are you getting help for this, such as through your GP or student services? Have you got family and friends to support you?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Surnia)
Have you reported it to the police? If not, you should, not only for yourself but in case it's happened before and to try and prevent it happening again?

Are you getting help for this, such as through your GP or student services? Have you got family and friends to support you?
I just got told by my uni that they won’t take the case further and he will get away with it because there’s not sufficient evidence, even though I have submitted a lot to suggest it happened and he has submitted nothing. I may go to the police now because he needs to be punished for what he’s done. My mum is trying to support me. Thanks for ur concern
Surnia
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I just got told by my uni that they won’t take the case further and he will get away with it because there’s not sufficient evidence, even though I have submitted a lot to suggest it happened and he has submitted nothing. I may go to the police now because he needs to be punished for what he’s done. My mum is trying to support me. Thanks for ur concern
As I said, reporting it to the police may make a case on its own, if there's been other reports or prevent a reoccurrence. However, do bear in mind that even with police involvement there may not be not be enough evidence to take it forward, so you still may not get the outcome you want; be prepared for all the emotions that can come with that, and the fact that it may not affect you until later and you may see this person still on campus.

I'm glad you've got your mum there for you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (184)
38.33%
Take autumn exams (147)
30.63%
Look for a job (16)
3.33%
Consider an apprenticeship (21)
4.38%
Take a year out (84)
17.5%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (28)
5.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise