username5299388
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
what is the best way to revise for gcse business? i understand the all the concepts but the content is quite large to study
Moonbow
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For Business? Exam technique practice and a revision book is all you need and you are good to go! I would definitely recommend Seneca for revision on actual concepts from Year 10. When your ready, start to work on 6, 9 and 12 markers. Timing is your biggest enemy on those exams so the faster you can model an answer, the more time you have to finish the paper. For case study questions, always refer to the case study so your response isn't to generalised. For example: If you had to write about an IT company, and I could take your essay and label it as an answer to a case study about a bakery, then your essay isn't specific enough. Use the company's name and knowledge on, in this example, the fact that they probably own a lot of valuable assets, which need to keep being updated to keep up with the fast moving technology industry, which in turn leads to much higher costs and therefore minimal profit. See what I did there? I made a point and a chain of the knock on effect of the action. This is exactly how you need to model your long answer questions.
I hope this helps! Feel free to ask me to clarify anything if your confused on any topics or anything business in general
username5299388
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Moonbow)
For Business? Exam technique practice and a revision book is all you need and you are good to go! I would definitely recommend Seneca for revision on actual concepts from Year 10. When your ready, start to work on 6, 9 and 12 markers. Timing is your biggest enemy on those exams so the faster you can model an answer, the more time you have to finish the paper. For case study questions, always refer to the case study so your response isn't to generalised. For example: If you had to write about an IT company, and I could take your essay and label it as an answer to a case study about a bakery, then your essay isn't specific enough. Use the company's name and knowledge on, in this example, the fact that they probably own a lot of valuable assets, which need to keep being updated to keep up with the fast moving technology industry, which in turn leads to much higher costs and therefore minimal profit. See what I did there? I made a point and a chain of the knock on effect of the action. This is exactly how you need to model your long answer questions.
I hope this helps! Feel free to ask me to clarify anything if your confused on any topics or anything business in general
that has really clarified it for me, especially as i found that time management was something i struggled with during our first few exams.
thank you so much!
Moonbow
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No problem! Good luck
Gundabad(good)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by princess_amaya)
what is the best way to revise for gcse business? i understand the all the concepts but the content is quite large to study
CGP Guide. Nuff said.
student785
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by princess_amaya)
To get the highest grades in gcse business you need to be able to apply your knowledge to the questions asked in the case studies so the best way to revise is to do as many past paper questions as possible. You dont have to do a full exam paper but just focus on the parts of the exam that you find the hardest in timed conditions.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads