RCP1104
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hello,

I am looking at the possibility of returning back to university and train as a primary school teacher.

I left university in 2011 after failing the first year, I just wasn't mature enough and wasn't good enough. To please my parents, I then went to another university in the following academic year 2012 and left in 2014 with a HND/HNC in Education and didn't return for the final year due to a parent falling ill and not completing a module. For the last 6 years, I have been working in business and have really enjoyed working in project and product management but I have always had my eye on teaching and would love to pursue this passion. I was just wondering where I should start? Even if it was part time with local university/training provider.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
sachinihimara
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I'd start by looking at unis and colleges near you or maybe open uni?
Muserock
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You could do a Top up degree in Education and then apply for a PGCE in Primary Education.

Do you have maths, english and a science at GCSE? If not, you either need to re-sit the GCSE or some universities do equivalency tests.

Also, do you have any recent experience in schools? It's a bit difficult at the moment but when the current situation has settled, it may be worth asking schools to do some volunteering to increase your experience.
Last edited by Muserock; 7 months ago
ARUStudents
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by RCP1104)
Hello,

I am looking at the possibility of returning back to university and train as a primary school teacher.

I left university in 2011 after failing the first year, I just wasn't mature enough and wasn't good enough. To please my parents, I then went to another university in the following academic year 2012 and left in 2014 with a HND/HNC in Education and didn't return for the final year due to a parent falling ill and not completing a module. For the last 6 years, I have been working in business and have really enjoyed working in project and product management but I have always had my eye on teaching and would love to pursue this passion. I was just wondering where I should start? Even if it was part time with local university/training provider.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks!
Hi RCP1104,

I would recommend starting with speaking with Student Finance to make sure you would be able get finance to finish your HNC. Once you have that confirmation, talk to any universities that offer an Education course and talk about top-up courses which would be appropriate for you.

Best of luck to you and well done for following your passion!

Katrina
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (75)
16.67%
No one else does (141)
31.33%
I'm embarrassed about my background (50)
11.11%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (155)
34.44%
We don't use a video platform (7)
1.56%
I don't have a camera (10)
2.22%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (12)
2.67%

Watched Threads