The Student Room Group

Females joining the infantry?

What’s your opinion on females joining the infantry in the army? If they can pass the same tests as the lads (without exceptions) then I don’t see a problem. Surely soldiers should be chosen on ability rather than gender? Two girls recently passed the infantry training course and one is now joining the paras. How would you feel if a female served with you in the infantry?
Reply 1
Original post by Heyyyyyaaaaaa
What’s your opinion on females joining the infantry in the army? If they can pass the same tests as the lads (without exceptions) then I don’t see a problem. Surely soldiers should be chosen on ability rather than gender? Two girls recently passed the infantry training course and one is now joining the paras. How would you feel if a female served with you in the infantry?

If they pass, they pass. End of discussion really. It's been decided they can join, so they pass the tests and crack on.
Reply 2

I dont think I would care if they are fit to do their job. Are you planning to join the army?
Original post by Luwei
I dont think I would care if they are fit to do their job. Are you planning to join the army?

Yes after I’ve completed my a levels. I can’t decide between infantry, combat medic or go to sandhurst and start as an officer. At the moment I’m just trying to gather the pros and cons of each
Reply 4
Yes after I’ve completed my a levels. I can’t decide between infantry, combat medic or go to sandhurst and start as an officer. At the moment I’m just trying to gather the pros and cons of each

Do you do martial arts?
Original post by Luwei
Do you do martial arts?

I actually did when I was much younger but not any more aha
I have first hand experience of this. I will message you directly to protect my anonymity.
Reply 7
Yeah, if you pass your in. Gender should have nothing to do with it as long as you pass the qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest