The Student Room Group

Did you think it would last?

When you had a boyfriend/girlfriend aged 16+ and were madly in love, did you think you’d last forever?
When things were going well of course everybody did; people arent matured enough at 16 to understand what it takes to defend a relationship. With that being said I have never had a girlfriend so in that sense I was lucky because you can never ever get over your first love.
Reply 2
Who says you never get over your first love? That's like saying you never get to build any emotional resilience.
I had my first relationship at 18 and thought it was inevitable that we would break up. I did really hope we would be together forever, but I guess I was more of a cynical / realistic lover
No.
Reply 5
Original post by Evidza
Who says you never get over your first love? That's like saying you never get to build any emotional resilience.

It’s a thing a lot of people say so I can see why some believe it
Reply 6
Original post by Issakatie
I had my first relationship at 18 and thought it was inevitable that we would break up. I did really hope we would be together forever, but I guess I was more of a cynical / realistic lover

How long did you last?
Original post by Anonymous
When you had a boyfriend/girlfriend aged 16+ and were madly in love, did you think you’d last forever?

Most people maybe naive as they haven’t experienced anything like that before. Only very few people actually think ahead.
Just remember everything is temporary.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending