The Student Room Group

Personal Statement

How do you start your personal statement? When I've googled it, all I can seem to find is start with a quote but that seems really cliché.
It’s completely up to you - a personal statement is just that; personal. Personally, I did use a quote, but I think this was a mistake - I would recommend against, as the universities want to hear what you think about the subject - unless the quote links to the rest of your personal statement well, in which case you could. If I was writing a statement now (with the hindsight of the application process!) I would just have started with my first paragraph, which for me was about where my passion for the subject I was applying for (Maths) began, and why I still loved it. Your own personality should shine through in a good PS, and so you should begin with whatever you think is most important about you and your subject. Hope that helps!
Write the middle first then write the beginning :smile: It should be personal to you and relate to what else you talk about

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending