What advice would you give for A-Level presentations?

Watch
deerme
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
I'm currently doing my presentations for Maths and Physics. They're going to be used for my personal statement for UCAS. What tips would you give for me? I would like to give a good impression.
Mrepic Foulger
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
How are they going to be used in your personal statement?
deerme
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mrepic Foulger)
How are they going to be used in your personal statement?
Basically, our effort and enthusiasm in the project will be used in the reference. eg: X has demonstrated interest in Y because of her presentation etc. etc.
neko no basu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by onlykhawla)
Basically, our effort and enthusiasm in the project will be used in the reference. eg: X has demonstrated interest in Y because of her presentation etc. etc.
Oh that's interesting.

Umm, general presentation tips. Smile, be confident, research the topic well, use flashcards but don't write a full script on them and don't keep looking at them. Mainly use just pictures on your PowerPoint rather than have loads of words.
Mrepic Foulger
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
You know you get to choose everything that goes in your personal statement right?
deerme
Rep:
?
You know you get to choose everything that goes in your personal statement right?
Sorry - must've made a mistake. I didn't mean my own personal statement I write for myself, but rather the UCAS reference my teachers write for me.
deerme
Rep:
?
(Original post by neko no basu)
Oh that's interesting.

Umm, general presentation tips. Smile, be confident, research the topic well, use flashcards but don't write a full script on them and don't keep looking at them. Mainly use just pictures on your PowerPoint rather than have loads of words.
Alrighty! Thank you.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Why is this needed; don't your teacher know this already? It sounds a complete waste of time.
Mrepic Foulger
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sorry - must've made a mistake. I didn't mean my own personal statement I write for myself, but rather the UCAS reference my teachers write for me.
This seems like a lie to scare you into trying. It is in your teachers benefit to only put good things on the reference, so if you don't do well in the presentation, they won't put it on there.
deerme
Rep:
?
This seems like a lie to scare you into trying. It is in your teachers benefit to only put good things on the reference, so if you don't do well in the presentation, they won't put it on there.
It's not a scare - a friend in Year 13 confirmed this. Also, they aren't going to put anything bad on my ref, I know that. But doing well on it will still give them something to say.
deerme
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
Why is this needed; don't your teacher know this already? It sounds a complete waste of time.
Again, it's just used as a reinforcement to the stuff they're writing anyway.
Hellohsjakodsmka
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Try not to fall over 😭😭
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Again, it's just used as a reinforcement to the stuff they're writing anyway.
Why? You've been in lessons with them for two terms and continued to attend online lessons/complete set work. I've never heard of a school needing this ...
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I thought the reference is what your teachers have seen from you since you started or something like that.../
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (326)
55.63%
I don't have everything I need (260)
44.37%

Watched Threads