The Student Room Group

2021 Chemistry Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vfehwirjwj1234
I’ve got the interview soon, how was it I’m stressing

It was honestly super fun! I had my interview yesterday so they were fast with an offer. The uni should have sent a list of questions to choose from, if you're talking about manchester. I had a very sweet woman interview me, an organic tutor I think, and the interview was led almost like a lesson? She asked the question, I answered, and I came out of it feeling more educated tbh! You'll walk it, seriously. Good luck! PM me if you wanna discuss further :B
Original post by itslibster
It was honestly super fun! I had my interview yesterday so they were fast with an offer. The uni should have sent a list of questions to choose from, if you're talking about manchester. I had a very sweet woman interview me, an organic tutor I think, and the interview was led almost like a lesson? She asked the question, I answered, and I came out of it feeling more educated tbh! You'll walk it, seriously. Good luck! PM me if you wanna discuss further :B

Thanks! I’ve sent a little message xx
Anyone/know anyone firming BSc Chemistry at Cardiff Uni??
Original post by itslibster
strange! I got an offer for Mchem w/ industrial but only after my interview. What are you thinking for Manchester? :b

So far it's my top choice, looking to firm it and make Leeds my insurance. It's weird how I wasn't interviewed (and vaguely worrying) but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth.
I have just been invited by the University of Leeds to a technical interview for chemistry, so glad to finally hear something back from them as I applied almost 3 months ago- however, super nervous because I don't think they normal interview chem applicants, has anyone has an interview for uni of leeds? thanks
Hi, I'm applying next year, in Scotland, and was wondering if anyone got accepted without AH maths as most universities recommend it, thanks!
I got told Id Imperial are intending to give me an offer today, they haven’t specified the grades yet but im in
Reply 287
when would warwick or edinburgh give chem offers? haven't heard back from them yet
Does chemistry normally go into clearing?
Original post by sambowyer49
Hi, I'm applying next year, in Scotland, and was wondering if anyone got accepted without AH maths as most universities recommend it, thanks!

Hey! I got offers from all my unis, including St.Andrews, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Strathclyde, without AH Maths. In S6 I took AH Chem and Bio and two crash highers at BBBB. It's definitely possible.
I have firmed my place at the uni of Bristol, after receiving offers from Bristol, Leeds, Manchester, UCL and I withdrew from Nottingham as wasn’t really interested in going there and they were taking ages.
Firmed Manchester and insured Leeds for MChem with a year in industry :smile:
guys do you know what extra things I could do for my personal statement for uni? chemistry related? i wanna do it in the summer but don't really mind when
Original post by Rainbowpink1999x
Is anyone worried about how hard studying chemistry at degree level is going to be ?

I've just finished my first year doing chem, although I am a mature student, I have found it extremely hard but I wouldn't do anything else. Think I cried the first semester at least 5/7 days hahhahha
Original post by RightsReserved
I've just finished my first year doing chem, although I am a mature student, I have found it extremely hard but I wouldn't do anything else. Think I cried the first semester at least 5/7 days hahhahha

No way I am a mature student too! What route did you go before the degree e.g access course or a-levels?
Original post by Rainbowpink1999x
No way I am a mature student too! What route did you go before the degree e.g access course or a-levels?

I did an access course-science.
However it no way prepared me for what it would be like at uni. All those on my course who did that route say we wish we’d have done the foundation year instead. Those that did have a better understanding IMO of what to expect. X
I did an access course-science.
However it no way prepared me for what it would be like at uni. All those on my course who did that route say we wish we’d have done the foundation year instead. Those that did have a better understanding IMO of what to expect. X

what extra curricular activities would you recommend when applying to uni
Original post by interlanken-fall
what extra curricular activities would you recommend when applying to uni

You mean to put on your statement ? I actually didn’t put any as id applied originally to go to JMU to do environmental health but even they I didn’t mention anything I did outside college and studying. Lol The thing I can advise is be honest on your statement, don’t be putting things on there that you think you should have but don’t actually do them. Don’t lie ! It’s not worth it, if you don’t do any activities then just don’t mention them rather than say you don’t do any. Xx
You mean to put on your statement ? I actually didn’t put any as id applied originally to go to JMU to do environmental health but even they I didn’t mention anything I did outside college and studying. Lol The thing I can advise is be honest on your statement, don’t be putting things on there that you think you should have but don’t actually do them. Don’t lie ! It’s not worth it, if you don’t do any activities then just don’t mention them rather than say you don’t do any. Xx

thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending