The Student Room Group

Should I throw my year 11 exercise books away?

so as everyone knows GCSE's are cancelled this year so I was just wondering whether or not I should throw all my year 11 exercise books away. I would normally just hang onto them in case they're needed for whatever reason, but as I may be moving houses it would be easier to just throw them all away. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

i sold mine on ebay
Original post by anony2307
so as everyone knows GCSE's are cancelled this year so I was just wondering whether or not I should throw all my year 11 exercise books away. I would normally just hang onto them in case they're needed for whatever reason, but as I may be moving houses it would be easier to just throw them all away. What should I do?

All year 11 books are actually edible, they have a good taste as well so maybe eat them for lunch

Nope. . Just burn em
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
i sold mine on ebay

your exercise books? like the ones you write in

yeah, and the text books if i owned them

yeah, and the text books if i owned them

How much did u get for them??? 🤔🤔🤔
Original post by Thisplace
How much did u get for them??? 🤔🤔🤔

something over £50 for all 10 subjects - not bad for a 16 year old if you ask me
Reply 8
Sell them on eBay !
Reply 9
Original post by NA_03
Sell them on eBay !

i don't think my exercise books will be incredibly useful tbh. my handwriting isn't the best either so idk

Throw them away unless you really need the money.
something over £50 for all 10 subjects - not bad for a 16 year old if you ask me

Mate. . I'm honestly thinkin of puttin ur application in for the next apprentice. . .
£50 for 10 subjects. . .absolutely smashed it in life. .
Sir Alan Sugar wont know what hit him!!!
burn em rn
Reply 13
You can try selling or giving out your notes/books.
Some people in my class gave an IGCSE textbook to a later cohort after we finished the exams last year, because the supplier needed like 4-5 weeks to get the textbooks to them.
My IAL Maths S1 textbook was also in the missing textbooks list and I also waited for a month to get it, so I really feel with them.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Thisplace
Mate. . I'm honestly thinkin of puttin ur application in for the next apprentice. . .
£50 for 10 subjects. . .absolutely smashed it in life. .
Sir Alan Sugar wont know what hit him!!!

yeah man and another £30 for 3 a levels

i'd do it with my uni module notes too but i fear they're not transferable like school notes
yeah man and another £30 for 3 a levels

i'd do it with my uni module notes too but i fear they're not transferable like school notes

Smashed it . . . . Smashed it!!!
Reply 16

odd question but how did you go about packaging the books like what did you use..I'm new to this
odd question but how did you go about packaging the books like what did you use..I'm new to this

for most subjects i had a 2/3 a4 books and i included the loose stuff i'd done too - like past papers and coursework copies - so i put it in a thick a4 envelope and sent it 2nd class signed-for. think i also emailed the buyer any word docs i'd done as well

took photos of my handwriting and grades for the ebay listing

Lol you can almost see the dollar signs pingin off inside her brain hahah
I binned my exercise books then sold my books to a family friend for a cheap price then gave the rest they didnt want to charity. You could keep the ones that contains gcse material for a levels? If you think its easier to bin them, totally go for it

Quick Reply

Latest