The Student Room Group

test and track system in England

What does everyone think about this system being introduced?

Scroll to see replies

Too early to tell.
Original post by DiddyDec
Too early to tell.

Hopefully it does reduce the amount of infections like the gov are saying
Original post by hannahd0236
Hopefully it does reduce the amount of infections like the gov are saying

I have no faith in what the Government are saying.
I have no faith in what the Government are saying.

Literally, they contradict what they say all the time
Lot of flaws in it.

Good idea, but stat sick pay is £95 a week, so if someone reports you they are going to cost you the difference you normally earn above that.

Very funny Matt Hancock was insisting people do their Civic Duty.
Irony when you have a government which doesnt follow its own rules.
Boris telling people not to discuss Cummings.

They have lost a large section of public support and confidence.
Original post by 999tigger
Lot of flaws in it.

Good idea, but stat sick pay is £95 a week, so if someone reports you they are going to cost you the difference you normally earn above that.

Very funny Matt Hancock was insisting people do their Civic Duty.
Irony when you have a government which doesnt follow its own rules.
Boris telling people not to discuss Cummings.

They have lost a large section of public support and confidence.

And also Boris telling the public to use 'common sense' when he clearly hasn't used his. Because of this Cummings situation, people are going to be more likely to flout the rules

That is a very valid point, I can't afford to live on so little.

I did hear mentions of using it maliciously, naming people you have not been in contact with to negatively affect them.
That is a very valid point, I can't afford to live on so little.

I did hear mentions of using it maliciously, naming people you have not been in contact with to negatively affect them.

Yep I bet so many people are going to claim they met Cummings and Boris.

But imagine it you get a phone call and are told to go home then your salary is reduced to £90 a week.

Its a very interesting case study of governing by consent and potential civil disobedience.
Astonished the government cant see this and just smacks of stupidity and arrogance. Completely undermines them.

The civic duty line is just making it worse.
Yep I bet so many people are going to claim they met Cummings and Boris.

But imagine it you get a phone call and are told to go home then your salary is reduced to £90 a week.

Its a very interesting case study of governing by consent and potential civil disobedience.
Astonished the government cant see this and just smacks of stupidity and arrogance. Completely undermines them.

The civic duty line is just making it worse.

There is very little the Government can say that wouldn't be incredulous due their actions as of late.

Credibility is gone.
Btw have a look at the track record and background of the woman they have put in charge.
Btw have a look at the track record and background of the woman they have put in charge.

Dido Harding, former head of TalkTalk that didn't even know if customer data was encrypted after a massive hack and is a board member of the Jockey Club that run events such as Cheltenham Races.

No conflicts of interest there :facepalm2:
Very worrying. Hard to trust the competence and motives of the people in charge.
Apparently one of the companies involved is owned by Dominic Cummings' sister.
Original post by barnetlad
Apparently one of the companies involved is owned by Dominic Cummings' sister.

It is bull****.

https://fullfact.org/online/not-dominic-cummings-sister/
Dido Harding, former head of TalkTalk that didn't even know if customer data was encrypted after a massive hack and is a board member of the Jockey Club that run events such as Cheltenham Races.

No conflicts of interest there :facepalm2:

Mr Johnson’s continued inaction and his shaking hands at a public event was one reason cited as why Cheltenham races went ahead with spectators.
I think the real question is, how long will it take the government to move a re-election forward?
Original post by Moonbow
I thin the real question is, how long will it take the government to move a re-election forward

They won't touch an election with a bargepole, the polls are appalling.
If it was based solely on the app (whoever provides it), I would have some confidence. If it is based on memory of where you have been and who you might have been near for over 15 minutes, I can see some misuse. If you have an ex-partner and wish to deny him or her access to your child, or just punish him, you could claim symptoms, force him or her to self-isolate for a period, and then report him or her if you suspect they have not done so.
Original post by barnetlad
If it was based solely on the app (whoever provides it), I would have some confidence. If it is based on memory of where you have been and who you might have been near for over 15 minutes, I can see some misuse. If you have an ex-partner and wish to deny him or her access to your child, or just punish him, you could claim symptoms, force him or her to self-isolate for a period, and then report him or her if you suspect they have not done so.

The self isolation requests will not be enforceable by law so there will be nobody to report breaches to.

Quick Reply

Latest