Amber1874
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Is religious studies (AQA) worth taking. I know it’s religious studies but is it just about different peoples religions ? Thank you
e2002!
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I did aqa RS and no it isn’t just about peoples religions.

It is 1/3 ethics, 1/3 philosophy and then 1/3 religion (my school did christianity but there are different options). In ethics you learn about different ethical theories and then apply these to issues such as abortion, capital punishment, blood sports etc. In philosophy there’s quite an array of things, there’s topics on theories that prove the existence of god, religious experience, evil and suffering (things like free will defence), miracles, religious language. And then in the religion part you learn about christian teachings/practices etc but i still did enjoy this, especially in y13. During the christianity aspect in y13 there were topics on religion and science, gender, pluralism etc.

I honestly really enjoyed RE, i probably enjoyed these lessons the most because we got to do discussion and think about things critically. It can be a pain to revise and trust me when i say there’s a loooot of content that you have to know in a lot of detail (ik people say this about everything but like i thought RE had a lot more than history etc) but it was definitely worth it.

Hope this helps. I’m happy to answer any other qs on it (i’m am/was a y13 this year).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

New lockdown - Do you agree schools and universities should remain open?

Yes (55)
36.42%
No (79)
52.32%
I don't know (17)
11.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise