The Student Room Group

Does anyone actually watch TV anymore?

I mean like the channels. All I watch now is Netflix and I get my news from sites like BBC. Feel like TV like Sky and stuff like that will be a thing of the past really soon, and people will be more interested in like Netflix and Disney+

Anyone think this?

Scroll to see replies

Yes thats the way it's going but there are more and more streaming services so that'll turn into normal tv, as they all have different programs
Reply 2
So you don’t watch anything at all?
Haven't watched TV in years
Reply 4
How can you delete channels?
I only watch football on tv
Haven’t watched TV in so long. Cancelled my SKY because it was literally just a waste of money. I watch most things on Netflix or stream it on my computer.
What is Tee Vee sounds like some ancient devise :K:
Reply 8
yeah? I watch tv, should I watch it in a flying car instead or...?
I am pretty sure most people still have a TV
Reply 9
If you actually watch tv. Cause my parents do. You’ll see that adverts are more targeted to either young children, muddled aged or elderly.
Reply 10
Original post by Moonbow
yeah? I watch tv, should I watch it in a flying car instead or...?
I am pretty sure most people still have a TV

I obviously didn’t mean a TV. Everyone has to watch something on a screen. I stated that I meant like channels like Sky and stuff
My mum is literally the only one who watches tv at home
i make do with netflix and bbc iplayer
Reply 12
Original post by bagel321
My mum is literally the only one who watches tv at home
i make do with netflix and bbc iplayer

Same
Reply 13
Same, I think the only things I really use to watch stuff on is Netflix and YouTube
Original post by Jones448
I obviously didn’t mean a TV. Everyone has to watch something on a screen. I stated that I meant like channels like Sky and stuff

Fair enough. I can be quite picky sometimes with how questions are asked, not the post itself
Reply 15
Original post by Moonbow
Fair enough. I can be quite picky sometimes with how questions are asked, not the post itself

I’m the same don’t worry 🤣
Original post by Jones448
I’m the same don’t worry 🤣

:rofl3:
I do, but it got rarely. I don't watch TV as frequenty as I was used to in the past. My interest fainted since that time.
I don‘t have TV channels at home nor do my parents in their house, so I don’t watch TV in the traditional sense. I download everything I want to watch (TV shows, films, documentaries etc) and load it all onto a flash drive which I then put in my TV. In this way I have access to things from multiple platforms and I can watch them whenever I want.

The only time I watch TV channels is with my grandparents or aunts/uncles/cousins when I’m at their houses. I also use iPlayer, itv hub and 4OD to watch things for free so there doesn’t seem to be much point in me getting Netflix, Amazon or Disney+, although I would like to at some point. Maybe in the future when they’re all more established and I’ve settled somewhere permanently.

Quick Reply

Latest