The Student Room Group

Which British politicians played e biggest role in the establishment of Israel?

As a state?
Balfour.
Balfour.
Balfour.
"Throughout the 1950s and 1960s the UK was seen as pro-Arab" - Didn't see that one coming.
Arthur Balfour - a wasteman
Reply 6
Original post by Gundabad(good)
"Throughout the 1950s and 1960s the UK was seen as pro-Arab" - Didn't see that one coming.

Why not? The UK had traditionally been seen as 'pro-arab'. I don't think they ever really forgave the Israelis for the fact their state was founded on terrorism.
Original post by Napp
Why not? The UK had traditionally been seen as 'pro-arab'. I don't think they ever really forgave the Israelis for the fact their state was founded on terrorism.

Israel was founded on terrorism? A bit ironic I must say.
Reply 8
Israel was founded on terrorism? A bit ironic I must say.

One would advise you to look at the events surrounding the King David Hotel and the broader activities of the Irgun.

Amusingly enough the first terror group noted in history was a jewish militant group operating in the Roman Empire, the Sicarii.
Original post by Napp
One would advise you to look at the events surrounding the King David Hotel and the broader activities of the Irgun.

Amusingly enough the first terror group noted in history was a jewish militant group operating in the Roman Empire, the Sicarii.

Very interesting.
Original post by Napp

Your point being? Jews aren’t the biggest perpetrators of global terrorism by a long shot unless you believe there is a cabal of Jews running the Stock Exchange.
Original post by Highrise769
Your point being? Jews aren’t the biggest perpetrators of global terrorism by a long shot unless you believe there is a cabal of Jews running the Stock Exchange.

All @Napp said was that there were Jewish terrorists in history. All religions have fanatics.
All @Napp said was that there were Jewish terrorists in history. All religions have fanatics.

All religions have fanatics. Some more so than others though.
All religions have fanatics. Some more so than others though.

That may be the case but you have to look at the total number of followers. It's pretty hard for religions with over a billion followers (Hinduism, Christianity and Islam) to not have radicals.
That may be the case but you have to look at the total number of followers. It's pretty hard for religions with over a billion followers (Hinduism, Christianity and Islam) to not have radicals.

Islam has a lot more radicals than Hinduism and Christianity even though a religion with over a billion may have radicals. Also, when anyone mentions that there are problems with certain religious doctrines, the left instantly shuts them down and accuses them of racism when it’s technically impossible to be racist towards a religion.
Islam has a lot more radicals than Hinduism and Christianity even though a religion with over a billion may have radicals. Also, when anyone mentions that there are problems with certain religious doctrines, the left instantly shuts them down and accuses them of racism when it’s technically impossible to be racist towards a religion.

I would say that Islam and Christianity have the same number of radicals.
Reply 16

My point being exactly what i just said. Its called an interesting historical fact. Not whatever rubbish you're talking about.
Original post by Napp
My point being exactly what i just said. Its called an interesting historical fact. Not whatever rubbish you're talking about.

Ok. Sorry. I was being presumptuous. I’ve seen from some of your previous posts that you have what seem to be left-leaning views so I sort of assumed you were attacking Israel.
Reply 18
Ok. Sorry. I was being presumptuous. I’ve seen from some of your previous posts that you have what seem to be left-leaning views so I sort of assumed you were attacking Israel.

Nope, well not in this instance at any rate. Merely a couple of interesting facts - both featuring prominently in COIN literature as examples)

Quick Reply

Latest