The Student Room Group

Help - do i have a chance of getting accepted by london unis?

Hi! I’m a year 12 student homeschooling a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology. I am seriously considering retaking the year as I’ve had a tough year and I’m ridiculously behind due to many personal reasons. I’m thinking of pursuing biomedical science at a London university hopefully. Does anyone know if I would be accepted with a levels taken over 3 years instead of 2?
At GCSE, I got 9,9,8,8,7,6,6,6,6
At A-Level my predicted is AAA and I really want to do well and meet this target.
Any help will be much appreciated.
Reply 1
Absolutely. I took my A levels over two years as normal, but I don't see any reason why your chances of getting an offer would be lower. You have great predicted grades too, so apply to whichever universities you want (as long as you have some backup choices with lower entry requirements obviously)
Reply 2
Original post by Kwig
Absolutely. I took my A levels over two years as normal, but I don't see any reason why your chances of getting an offer would be lower. You have great predicted grades too, so apply to whichever universities you want (as long as you have some backup choices with lower entry requirements obviously)

Thanks soo much x
Original post by Kwig

What university did you go to, with what grades? Thanks!
Original post by Suniya.m05
Hi! I’m a year 12 student homeschooling a levels in biology, chemistry and psychology. I am seriously considering retaking the year as I’ve had a tough year and I’m ridiculously behind due to many personal reasons. I’m thinking of pursuing biomedical science at a London university hopefully. Does anyone know if I would be accepted with a levels taken over 3 years instead of 2?
At A-Level my predicted is AAA and I really want to do well and meet this target.

I think you can more than realistically make it into London South Bank University.

Presumably you are more concerned with ucl, imperial or kings.

I suspect ucl will still be competitive, too hard to say but your grades are strong enough it’s worth applying. I suspect Kings you’ll get an offer
Original post by Suniya.m05

Hi there @Suniya.m05

So some unis may specify on their website that they only accept A Levels taken over two years, whilst others won't and will be totally happy with three years. However, for those who usually only accept A Levels taken over two years, if you have specific extenuating circumstances and/or meet certain widening participation criteria they might consider you despite their usual rules - so if there's anywhere that you find that you really like but don't think you'll get into, it's useful to email their admissions team to see whether they'd consider you anyway.

Best Wishes,
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep

Quick Reply

Latest