The Student Room Group

Best universities for Biomedical Science

Can y'all comment some good universities for a BSc Biomedical Science.
Reply 1
Bristol!!
Most people are going to say their own University so you're going to gain very little from this.

It comes down to what you want to get from your degree and also you as a person.
I would look at what the course involves and the types of modules you can take and then pick a course that meets your interests. Also, if you are interested in doing lab research in your final year (which i think is compulsory for most biomed courses but not sure) then it would be useful to see if your course offers this and then what topics you could do it in based on the research staff in the department :smile:
Hi !

I am a Biomed graduate from the Uni of Lincoln and honestly it was an amazing course! I am not trying to 'sell' the course to you but honestly I had the best time at Lincoln. Everything from the lecturers and support, to the SU and sports and societies are amazing and Lincoln truly is like a family. Have you been before? The city is gorgeous, definitely worth a trip when the COVID situation dies down :smile: Lincoln has incredible lab facilities considering it isn't a massive uni and offers some taught labs which don't take place anywhere else in the world! Lincoln also offers some of the best accommodation that I viewed when looking around other universities.
If you are interested, I have linked the course here and since you can't really view the campus currently, I have linked our youtube here for you to have a look at what we offer!

Please let me know if you have any questions!
Lexy
4th year student rep
Hi

I am a St George's Uni Rep but as part of my role I don't have to say why I love George's, I just choose to.
I've been studying Biomed at George's for the past two years and have genuinely loved it. Particularly if you are interested in the clinical side, George's offers a unique environment of being set within a fully operational hospital. Everybody at George's is studying a healthcare based degree, meaning that everybody is high achieving and very motivated and I have found this really helps in terms of my studying as my friends and I all encourage each other to work hard.
Another thing that as far as I am aware is unique to George's is the opportunity to learn anatomy in a dissection room on actual cadavers. Being able to learn on a full body really helps to tie everything together and allows you to see what you have learnt in vivo. The curriculum at George's means that you learn individual body systems and then link them together and build on that knowledge in later years. It is an excellent grounding.
I don't know if you are interested in Medicine, but if you are then George's offer the transfer scheme which allows you to move into the second year of the four year Grad Med course at the end of your Biomed degree.
Let me know if you would like any more info about Biomed at George's. It is a real family here and we'd love to have you join us.

Hope that helps
Lauren
2nd Year Biomedical Science Student
SGUL Official Rep
Hi

We completely understand that moving away brings up many questions and so hope we can help here. At Lincoln we run a Friends for Life programme which means students who have applied can connect with other students of similar interest, course and accommodation which means you can make friends before moving. We are also really excited to be launching Unibuddy on our website very soon. This will enable you to chat with current students about all things Lincoln! Keep an eye for this on the website.

In regards to accommodation, I have provided a link below to these as it details all the offerings we have as well as guide prices. I moved to Lincoln about 18 months ago and find the price of living average. It is all about choices and what you enjoy doing. Many students also have part time jobs - many are an University Ambassador for example.

www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/studentlife/accommodation/

I hope this helps!

Lewis :smile:
Hi ,

It is Jack here, another student ambassador from the University of Lincoln. I actually come from Suffolk originally so I live about 2 and a half hours from Lincoln, but I love it in Lincoln! The campus accommodation is reasonably priced compared to other Universities and Lincoln was actually ranked the cheapest university city/town in the country by the standard in 2017! (https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/the-30-cheapest-university-cities-for-students-in-the-uk-a3607766.html) I have found that when I return home everything seems more expensive, even the little things such as restaurants, fast food places, supermarkets and pubs all seem to be slightly cheaper in Lincoln. These things all add up and the rent is cheap too, you can view all the accommodation options here. We are fortunate in Lincoln as there is a good variety of on-campus and off-campus accommodation that is situated very close to the University. There is also plenty of student housing companies in the city for second and third year if you wish to move into a shared house. I paid £95/week this year for my student house with all bills included, this was only a 5 minute walk from campus too so it was perfect.

I hope this helps and good luck with deciding which university to choose, if you have any more questions please ask.

Jack :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending