Do you think that in society too much value is placed on family....

Watch
Highrise769
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
And not enough on individuality and self-worth?
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes.
caravaggio2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No I think Muslims have it spot on. Family is the most important thing in the world.
Radical feminists and Marxists want the family broken up. Feminists because they want men out of the home and Marxists because the want people to be dependant on the state.
The good news is that soon Muslims are going to vastly out number feminists and Marxists, so in the long run things are looking up for the family.
Highrise769
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
(Original post by caravaggio2)
No I think Muslims have it spot on. Family is the most important thing in the world.
Radical feminists and Marxists want the family broken up. Feminists because they want men out of the home and Marxists because the want people to be dependant on the state.
The good news is that soon Muslims are going to vastly out number feminists and Marxists, so in the long run things are looking up for the family.
I’ve never heard of Marxists being against family?
Also, it’s going to take quite a long time for Muslims to become a majority. So 50 plus years will be needed.
Family is a collective institution that threatens individual rights.
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes.
gtty123
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes, to a certain extent, in my opinion. On the one hand, they place values on family as it's a key influence, mostly, as to how a child will turn out. By having family at the centre, the child is taught with discipline etc (depending on how the family functions). On the other hand however, it doesn't emphasise individuality and self worth, as it places family on a pedestal which the child should follow and strive to be like. Although, not wrong in theory, a child shouldn't be forced to act a specific way, due to their parent's' ways of life. For example, homosexuality. Obviously, if the family is supportive, the child will appreciate and live life how they want without being scared of how society judges them. Alternatively, if the family is against homosexuality, the child will be in constant turmoil, as they wouldn't want to disappoint society and their parents, but also they don't want to hide their feelings. Thus the element of their own self worth slowly diminishes, as they're not aware of what to do.
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Highrise769)
I’ve never heard of Marxists being against family?
it's because they are a source of the perpetuating cycle of inequality - things as small as inheritance of land for rich families, teaching the values of classism, and children feeling the need to keep up with other kids by buying the latest stuff which fuels the power of the bourgeoisie.
VirusIsBollox
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Need more family involvement in Britain. The state is too influential.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (56)
17.34%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.17%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (121)
37.46%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.62%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.41%

Watched Threads