I'm pregnant and seeking advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm 10 weeks pregnant. I know for sure, I've done a few tests, have a few symptoms and I have been at the doctor. I know that I don't want an abortion although I don't want this child. The thing is that, I don't know how it all works, after the summer holidays I'm going into Year 13 and I'm doing the IB (I'm mentioning this because there is this thing called CAS for which we need to do some kind of sport activity), do you think I will be forced to do it until like the due date cause I'm already not feeling really fine, like doing sports? Besides, do you think the teachers/school might treat me in like a different way? I've really no idea, I don't know anyone pregnant my age, no one in my school for sure. Can anyone, who has been or know someone who has been in such situation, tell me how it will be cause I'm really stressed and I guess it isn't advised for me to be..

Sorry if it didn't make too much sense, I'm still kind of overwhelmed with this new situation and I guess I should've posted this in like the school forum but I wanted to do it anonymously.

Anyway, thanks for any help
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I think the more pressing matter is the fact you don't want the baby but also don't want to get rid of it.....?
Cupcakehugs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hello, this is a really tough topic because I have never been through it. did u tell your mum, what was her reactions? well first things first is that your college cannot force you to do sports, that is not right, if they are speak to the teachers, to your parents and tour doctor. however I need to advise you on this. this will be challenging. you will lose people who you thought will be with you forever, people might judge you, misunderstand you, but you need to promise me you wont give up on your life. whether you want to take an abortion or not, that is your choice, no once can comment on that. school will be challenging but if you work hard, you will do good. there are a lot of youtubers who have spoken about teenage pregnancy, hope they help. (they are Maddie Lambert-she talks about this quite a lot, family fizz- the mother was pregnant when she was 16, she talks about this once.) do let your college know, they wont force you to, they will probably tell u to do as much as u can or something. make sure not to get stressed, speak to ur parents if they are supportive or just speak here, I will try to support u x
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think the more pressing matter is the fact you don't want the baby but also don't want to get rid of it.....?
well, imo, it's immoral, I mean I don't care what others think/do, it's just that I would personally feel as if I killed it, I want to give it for adoption after birth
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Cupcakehugs)
hello, this is a really tough topic because I have never been through it. did u tell your mum, what was her reactions? well first things first is that your college cannot force you to do sports, that is not right, if they are speak to the teachers, to your parents and tour doctor. however I need to advise you on this. this will be challenging. you will lose people who you thought will be with you forever, people might judge you, misunderstand you, but you need to promise me you wont give up on your life. whether you want to take an abortion or not, that is your choice, no once can comment on that. school will be challenging but if you work hard, you will do good. there are a lot of youtubers who have spoken about teenage pregnancy, hope they help. (they are Maddie Lambert-she talks about this quite a lot, family fizz- the mother was pregnant when she was 16, she talks about this once.) do let your college know, they wont force you to, they will probably tell u to do as much as u can or something. make sure not to get stressed, speak to ur parents if they are supportive or just speak here, I will try to support u x
thanks a lot, really, I haven't talked to my parents yet, I'm sure they will be really angry and well, when I do talk to them, I will also talk to the school probably
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
well, imo, it's immoral, I mean I don't care what others think/do, it's just that I would personally feel as if I killed it, I want to give it for adoption after birth
Oh right OK I see. So you do have a plan, I get it now.
Well like the other poster said I can't see the school or college forcing you to take part in things while your pregnant but of course you do nees to start telling the people who need to k ow so you can get proper help and monitering etc.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
wait what do you mean? are you planning to give the baby for adoption? sorry I got a bit sensitive there but as someone who is adopted myself, it is really hard to love without your real parents. again it is ur baby, your choice. I understand that u may not be able to afford raising the baby.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Oh right OK I see. So you do have a plan, I get it now.
Well like the other poster said I can't see the school or college forcing you to take part in things while your pregnant but of course you do nees to start telling the people who need to k ow so you can get proper help and monitering etc.
yeah, I know, like while reading it now I see this question has to sound like really silly so sorry hah and thanks a lot!
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
wait what do you mean? are you planning to give the baby for adoption? sorry I got a bit sensitive there but as someone who is adopted myself, it is really hard to love without your real parents. again it is ur baby, your choice. I understand that u may not be able to afford raising the baby.
yeah, I want to give the baby for adoption, I mean ofc, I might change my mind or sth, but for now I know that I dont want to have a baby when I'm like 17 or 18, but I feel like it's a better option to give it for adoption than abortion.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 week ago
yeah, I want to give the baby for adoption, I mean ofc, I might change my mind or sth, but for now I know that I dont want to have a baby when I'm like 17 or 18, but I feel like it's a better option to give it for adoption than abortion.
as someone who has been adopted myself, i rather wish my parents aborted me. But of course i understand it could be really financially difficult, just make sure you research the adoption centre or serve before x
Cupcakehugs
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
thanks a lot, really, I haven't talked to my parents yet, I'm sure they will be really angry and well, when I do talk to them, I will also talk to the school probably
have you still told your parents? how did it go? i hope everything is okay
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
as someone who has been adopted myself, i rather wish my parents aborted me. But of course i understand it could be really financially difficult, just make sure you research the adoption centre or serve before x
well, surely I will, I just think I might change my mind in some time and even decide to raise the baby and I would hate to regret my decision as abortion is something you can't simply undo
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Cupcakehugs)
have you still told your parents? how did it go? i hope everything is okay
yess, I told them, didn't go too well, but that was quite expected, but I hope it'll be fine in some time when they get kinda used to it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (60)
19.23%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (65)
20.83%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (58)
18.59%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (67)
21.47%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (31)
9.94%
I haven't started researching yet (31)
9.94%

Watched Threads