Do I have cancer ?

Watch
unknown004
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have very irregular periods already and I missed mine for about 3 months then I got one and I’ve been on my period for about 2 months I’ve looked up a lot of stuff and it says I might have uterus bleeding due to an imbalance of hormones but then lots of stuff keep coming up about cancer..I’m petrified someone help(I’m also not sexually active)
username5243162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you search on google the worst things will pop up. But then again, if you feel suspicious you should definitely go see/talk to your gynecologist
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There is a low chance that its cancer. It is probably something else.
3 months is too much though, so I highly suggest you call your GP.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by unknown004)
I have very irregular periods already and I missed mine for about 3 months then I got one and I’ve been on my period for about 2 months I’ve looked up a lot of stuff and it says I might have uterus bleeding due to an imbalance of hormones but then lots of stuff keep coming up about cancer..I’m petrified someone help(I’m also not sexually active)
Incredibly unlikely. You don't give your age but guessing you are young. Anxiety makes things worse. Book a gp appointment. I am a cancer nurse by the way
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's more likely to be something like PCOS than reproductive cancers especially at a young age. If you go to the GP they will be able to test you with an ultrasounds and a blood test
unknown004
Rep:
?
(Original post by squeakysquirrel)
Incredibly unlikely. You don't give your age but guessing you are young. Anxiety makes things worse. Book a gp appointment. I am a cancer nurse by the way
I have extremely bad anxiety and my niece and nephew just got diagnosed with cancer today as well so I’m a bit all over the place. I am 16 so quite young thank you so much I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow
unknown004
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
It's more likely to be something like PCOS than reproductive cancers especially at a young age. If you go to the GP they will be able to test you with an ultrasounds and a blood test
Okay thank you so much for replying, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s just something like PCOS 🙂
unknown004
Rep:
?
(Original post by imaniii)
If you search on google the worst things will pop up. But then again, if you feel suspicious you should definitely go see/talk to your gynecologist
That’s very true actually, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow to be safe. Thank you 🙂
rxyaltyx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
google is dodgy when you google anything medical lol. when i had a long nosebleed it said i might have cancer but that's just the worst case scenario. it's very rare dw about it
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have extremely bad anxiety and my niece and nephew just got diagnosed with cancer today as well so I’m a bit all over the place. I am 16 so quite young thank you so much I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow
What cancer have your niece and nephew. ? A leukaemia?
unknown004
Rep:
?
What cancer have your niece and nephew. ? A leukaemia?
My niece has Bone cancer 9 years old and then my nephew 5 years old has this extremely rare cancer in his Bowles I think that about only 2 people in UK have which is why he’s on trail medicines and chemo etc
unknown004
Rep:
?
(Original post by rxyaltyx)
google is dodgy when you google anything medical lol. when i had a long nosebleed it said i might have cancer but that's just the worst case scenario. it's very rare dw about it
Ikr google always comes up with cancer, thank you I’ll try not to worry x
username5243162
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That’s very true actually, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow to be safe. Thank you 🙂
You’re welcome and don’t worry I’m sure everything will be fine☺️☺️
CoolCavy
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Okay thank you so much for replying, I’m going to book an appointment tomorrow so fingers crossed it’s just something like PCOS 🙂
:hugs: hope it goes well
If you need any advice or help about PCOS feel free to tag me as i unfortunately have too much experience with it
Anonymous1502
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My niece has Bone cancer 9 years old and then my nephew 5 years old has this extremely rare cancer in his Bowles I think that about only 2 people in UK have which is why he’s on trail medicines and chemo etc
That's incredibly young :cry: I send you my best regard . It is absolutely devestating
unknown004
Rep:
?
(Original post by CoolCavy)
:hugs: hope it goes well
If you need any advice or help about PCOS feel free to tag me as i unfortunately have too much experience with it
I will do, thank you so much for your support it’s appreciated a lot
unknown004
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous1502)
That's incredibly young :cry: I send you my best regard . It is absolutely devestating
Yeah, quite unlucky I guess but thank you. Best wishes
squeakysquirrel
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You are unlikely to have cancer. Niece and nephew not close enough for genetics
unknown004
Rep:
?
You are unlikely to have cancer. Niece and nephew not close enough for genetics
That makes me feel a lot better. I just want to be off my period though such a long time, I wonder what’s wrong with me haha
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tbh, for your mental health if you are ever concerned about something going on, don't go on Google first. Consult your doctor.

Good luck to you and I hope your niece and nephew recover.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (26)
13.54%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.69%
I need help with my personal statement (79)
41.15%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (48)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.56%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (15)
7.81%

Watched Threads