Want more information about this university?
hxlly034
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Accommodation in edgehill is so expensive im considering staying with a friend in preston and commuting. Does anyone do this? how cheap is it to commute?

Or does anyone know anywhere in edgehill that might keep the cost down?
Edge Hill University Outreach
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by hxlly034)
Accommodation in edgehill is so expensive im considering staying with a friend in preston and commuting. Does anyone do this? how cheap is it to commute?

Or does anyone know anywhere in edgehill that might keep the cost down?
Hi hxllly034!,

Edge Hill has a variety of different accommodation to suit different budgets, to compare different accommodation visit http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/acco...-of-residence/.

As for commuting from Preston, to drive it's roughly around a 40 minute commute (traffic dependent). There is also a train that goes directly from Preston Train Station to Ormskirk Train Station which takes just over half an hour usually. This is reasonably priced but train travel can be made cheaper with a railcard. Once at Ormskirk station it's a short (less than 5 min walk) to the local Bus Station, where there is a regular bus that will take you to the University (less than a 5 minute journey), this service is free when you present your EHU student ID card. If you don't want to take the bus the University is approximately a 10 minute walk from the Station.

I hope this is helpful for you !
hxlly034
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 months ago
(Original post by Edge Hill University Outreach)
Hi hxllly034!,

Edge Hill has a variety of different accommodation to suit different budgets, to compare different accommodation visit www.edgehill.ac.uk/study/accommodation/compare-halls-of-residence/.

As for commuting from Preston, to drive it's roughly around a 40 minute commute (traffic dependent). There is also a train that goes directly from Preston Train Station to Ormskirk Train Station which takes just over half an hour usually. This is reasonably priced but train travel can be made cheaper with a railcard. Once at Ormskirk station it's a short (less than 5 min walk) to the local Bus Station, where there is a regular bus that will take you to the University (less than a 5 minute journey), this service is free when you present your EHU student ID card. If you don't want to take the bus the University is approximately a 10 minute walk from the Station.

I hope this is helpful for you !
My budget for my accommodation must be less than £100 but I need an ensuite. any advice?
Last edited by hxlly034; 4 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.14%
I'm not sure (59)
4.51%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (383)
29.28%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (644)
49.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed