Have you ever cried over football?

Watch
Becca216
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When Leeds lost to Derby in the playoffs last season, didn’t help by the fact I had two GCSEs the next day which I hadn’t really revised for
jonathanemptage
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really I don’t like football I’ve only seen a handful of matches but I saw lots of Germans crying when South Korea knocked them out of the 2019 World Cup in the group stages.
jamiet0185
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
When Ricardo Vaz Te scored for West Ham in something like the 86th minute of the playoff final to deny my beloved Blackpool a place back in the Premier League!
Karisa96
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jamiet0185)
When Ricardo Vaz Te scored for West Ham in something like the 86th minute of the playoff final to deny my beloved Blackpool a place back in the Premier League!
That must have been a few years back now.
jamiet0185
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Karisa96)
That must have been a few years back now.
19th May 2012
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Shed tears of sadness and happiness over football... not relegation so much as it's generally been on the cards, but promotion (especially when it's on the last day of the season having overcome a big points gap over your city rivals who then lose in the playoff finals), missing out on promotion, winning a cup final, losing a cup final (or 2), and certain crucial matches where we've been robbed!!
macy_m
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yep- especially when italy lost to germany (quarter final of the world cup) by one penalty
motivatedmadman
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My mum slapped me in the Champions league final 2018 game after I start screaming because of Karius’ two howlers. Although I didn’t cry directly as a result of the game, it lead to my reaction which led to the slap
ninja24
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, when Liverpool got kicked out of the CL by atletico.
CathScottish
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I once cried when Aberdeen lost of Heart of Midlothian.
Justbeingmyself
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by macy_m)
yep- especially when italy lost to germany (quarter final of the world cup) by one penalty
I think you mean in Euro 2016? I remember that match well, an epic shootout that was.
(Original post by moggis)
-
:rofl2:
Last edited by Justbeingmyself; 1 month ago
macy_m
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Justbeingmyself)
I think you mean in Euro 2016? I remember that match well, an epic shootout that was.

<rofl
honestly it probably was i keep getting the world cup and euro matches confused lol but yes i cried a lotttttt
Orange s0da
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
2006 Champions League final.

Damn Almunia
Justbeingmyself
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
No, I just felt a huge disappointment sometimes: When Germany lost the final at the World Cup in 2002 and at the EURO in 2008.
What about the Italy SF match in 2006 in Dortmund, as that was at home as well? At least you won the WC in 2014 though, thrashing Brazil in their own backyard which probably made you smile.
username5300632
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Over a football match? f*** no. How trivial.
Sammylou40
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 8013)
I cried when Watford beat my Liverpool 3-0, when Real Madrid beat us 3-1
Snap
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Justbeingmyself)
What about the Italy SF match in 2006 in Dortmund, as that was at home as well? At least you won the WC in 2014 though, thrashing Brazil in their own backyard which probably made you smile.
No, not so worse than in 2002 and 2008. These tournaments were closer to become champions. Same went for 2010 and 2012. And in 2018 when German squad was eliminated in group stage, I felt indifferent.

I even supported Italy 2006 in the final, many legend players I appreciated or even admired (Pirlo, Nesta, Totti, Buffon, Del Piero, Inzaghi, etc.) played in the team or were even a part.
Justbeingmyself
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
No, not so worse than in 2002 and 2008. These tournaments were closer to become champions. Same went for 2010 and 2012. And in 2018 when German squad was eliminated in group stage, I felt indifferent.

I even supported Italy 2006 in the final, many legend players I appreciated or even admired (Pirlo, Nesta, Totti, Buffon, Del Piero, Inzaghi, etc.) played in the team or were even a part.
I know what you mean, although Brazil and Spain were quite a bit better than you in those finals if I'm being honest. I agree Italy in 2006 had a great team with a fantastic back line that was pretty much unbreakable. In 2010 your team was young and did well to make the semis before you encountered Spain's great tiki taka which was almost unbeatable but by 2012 you were very close to bridging the gap before Balotelli did his thing in the semis, however the the natural progression did fall into place 2 years later of course with the WC crown. In 2018 I think you just lost motivation and was a bit complacent, and I see you back competing near the end by the Euros next year.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
No, though I expect I would have done if I had witnessed the Bradford fire or the deaths at Hillsborough.
CatNamedAlan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by FemaleinDress)
I would say close a few times but not properly.
No, can't say I ever have. It is only a sport, I mean I don't cry when people get hurt during wrestling matches.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (83)
18.74%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (90)
20.32%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (84)
18.96%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (96)
21.67%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (44)
9.93%
I haven't started researching yet (46)
10.38%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise