The Student Room Group

Nothing I do is enough for my father

Ignore
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
I know it's hard but have you spoken to him about how he makes you feel? Maybe try talk to your sisters about it, or even both to just express how you're feeling.
Reply 2
A little advice from someone who has a dad that is demanding: you will never live up to his expectations. Stop trying. Do what you want to do and what makes you happy. Don't do it for someone else's approval, because you'll likely never get it. You also don't have to be productive 24/7, really hate this rhetoric that society feeds everyone. It's okay to do nothing if you're feeling that it'll best serve you in that moment. You don't have to be on it all the time. There's a time and a place for everything, including being productive and not being productive. It's okay to take some time for your self, to tune in and see how things are going for you internally, emotionally, with your relationships - everything.

With your dad, it might also be because he feels frustrated due to his cancer, perhaps he needs to speak with someone?

Be kind to yourself. Take care, OP. If you need to talk, feel free to drop me a message.
Reply 3
Original post by ohnojay
I know it's hard but have you spoken to him about how he makes you feel? Maybe try talk to your sisters about it, or even both to just express how you're feeling.

It’s like talking a to a brick wall. His way or the high way

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending