Nicole.200211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey pps,
Im in need of some help studying A - level Psychology (AQA exam board), who wants to give a poor girl a hand?
Thanks a lot in advance.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I did A Level psychology and then did it to degree level. I can help if you like. What would you like help with?
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
I did A Level psychology and then did it to degree level. I can help if you like. What would you like help with?
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I just need revision tips, for now, I'm struggling to remember the content.
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nicole.200211)
Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I just need revision tips, for now, I'm struggling to remember the content.
What I did was try to learn it in different ways. Reading and memorising from a text book has never worked for me. I made diagrams with lots of colour (flow charts, spider diagrams etc), but the thing that worked the best for me was reading through my notes, recording them, and then playing them on my phone while I was out for walks. There's just something about listening to it when you're out in the fresh air that helps it go in better! Or for me, anyway.

Do you have any friends on your course who you could revise with? You could phone them and just talk through the course content. My friends and I used to play 'Jeremy Kyle' with the psych content - mostly discussing criticisms of the experiments and how that could have affected the outcome. It might sound silly, but little role plays like that can honestly help get things in your head.

If there are specific things you can't remember, like names and dates, write them on cards and get someone you live with to test you on them at random during the day. If you get it right, the card goes into another pile. If not, it stays in the first pile and you get asked again. Once you've got everything right once, you start again.

There's obviously a lot to be said for working your way through past papers, too, though I'm sure you're already doing that one! Even if you've done them before, try them again .

Does that help at all?
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
What I did was try to learn it in different ways. Reading and memorising from a text book has never worked for me. I made diagrams with lots of colour (flow charts, spider diagrams etc), but the thing that worked the best for me was reading through my notes, recording them, and then playing them on my phone while I was out for walks. There's just something about listening to it when you're out in the fresh air that helps it go in better! Or for me, anyway.

Do you have any friends on your course who you could revise with? You could phone them and just talk through the course content. My friends and I used to play 'Jeremy Kyle' with the psych content - mostly discussing criticisms of the experiments and how that could have affected the outcome. It might sound silly, but little role plays like that can honestly help get things in your head.

If there are specific things you can't remember, like names and dates, write them on cards and get someone you live with to test you on them at random during the day. If you get it right, the card goes into another pile. If not, it stays in the first pile and you get asked again. Once you've got everything right once, you start again.

There's obviously a lot to be said for working your way through past papers, too, though I'm sure you're already doing that one! Even if you've done them before, try them again .

Does that help at all?
Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. Urm honestly I don't have any friends. Not trying to sound like a loner it's just I'm not close with anyone. Thanks for your advice tho. I will try out flashcards for key info.
emma543
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nicole.200211)
Hey pps,
Im in need of some help studying A - level Psychology (AQA exam board), who wants to give a poor girl a hand?
Thanks a lot in advanced.
I'll try and give you a few tips:
1) Flashcards are your friends!

You know you'll get 16 markers (biggest question), so this means you'll need four evaluation/ discussion points for your AO3, so only learn 4 no more. If you struggle learning the detail in-depth bit, if you have four points i.e. Failure to function adequately as a definition of abnormality, recognises subjective experiences, it has problems due to culture relativism, the behaviour can be functional and it depends who judges so it is subjective.

2) Exam questions, make sure to practice under time conditions- I think it's roughly 1.25 mins per mark.

3) Then just keep recapping, have a routine i.e. recap your flash cards for last topic you revised, if you get anything wrong I usually write it or type it out five times until I can do it without looking at the page/flashcard, then move onto something new, apply your new knowledge to an exam question and repeat.
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
(Original post by emma543)
I'll try and give you a few tips:
1) Flashcards are your friends!

You know you'll get 16 markers (biggest question), so this means you'll need four evaluation/ discussion points for your AO3, so only learn 4 no more. If you struggle learning the detail in-depth bit, if you have four points i.e. Failure to function adequately as a definition of abnormality, recognises subjective experiences, it has problems due to culture relativism, the behaviour can be functional and it depends who judges so it is subjective.

2) Exam questions, make sure to practice under time conditions- I think it's roughly 1.25 mins per mark.

3) Then just keep recapping, have a routine i.e. recap your flash cards for last topic you revised, if you get anything wrong I usually write it or type it out five times until I can do it without looking at the page/flashcard, then move onto something new, apply your new knowledge to an exam question and repeat.
Thank you very much, I will try out flashcards and practicing exam questions.
Thanks a lot for your help.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (116)
27.55%
England (147)
34.92%
Belgium (32)
7.6%
Germany (42)
9.98%
Spain (10)
2.38%