Nicole.200211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HI pps,
Hope you are all well.
I study Criminology as an a level although its a btec its still marked like an a level (A*, A, B, C) and I need help revising.
Anyone willing to lend a hand?
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
hope1279
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nicole.200211)
HI pps,
Hope you are all well.
I study Criminology as an a level although its a btec its still marked like an a level (A*, A, B, C) and I need help revising.
Anyone willing to lend a hand?
Hi there,
I've just finished year 13 criminology wjec and going to uni in September for criminology. I got As on the first 2 exams, sat the 3rd exam but we don't know the results yet and haven't sat the 4th because of corona. If you need a hand with anything let me know
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
(Original post by hope1279)
Hi there,
I've just finished year 13 criminology wjec and going to uni in September for criminology. I got As on the first 2 exams, sat the 3rd exam but we don't know the results yet and haven't sat the 4th because of corona. If you need a hand with anything let me know
Hi,
I'm in year 12 and because of the coronavirus I don't need to do the exam for this year, so my teacher decided to move on to year 13 content. This being the controlled assessment unit 3.
If you have any notes or anything that can help to learn the content that would be useful.
I would also appreciate any help with unit 2 because I still want to learn the content.
Thank you in advance.
hope1279
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
I'm in year 12 and because of the coronavirus I don't need to do the exam for this year, so my teacher decided to move on to year 13 content. This being the controlled assessment unit 3.
If you have any notes or anything that can help to learn the content that would be useful.
I would also appreciate any help with unit 2 because I still want to learn the content.
Thank you in advance.
I've got most of my notes for the unit 3 exam and then example answers for some. I've put in an example of the plan for the exam and then the actual paragraph. This is strengths of police for AC1.1. Obviously you'll have a different brief to the one I had but you'd probably still be able to link it to at least one of these points. If this helps you let me know and I can send you some more

Point: Reduce fear in the community and preserve life.
Evidence: In June 2017, Wayne Marques found 3 armed terrorists after they stabbed a couple on Westminster Bridge. He was unarmed with only a baton and a stab vest.
Explanation: Prevented the terrorists from harming any more people.
Link: Restored the community’s confidence and reduced fear.

Point: Trained to be observant, allows for quicker arrests.
Evidence: Ian Huntly murdered Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman, the police noticed he kept referring to them in the past tense.
Explanation: Led police to question and arrest him.
Link: Criminals are removed from society quicker making it safer.

Point: Wide range of skills to assist them when interviewing victims.
Explanation: Don’t upset emotional victims
Brief: In the brief, police interview a man

Point: Special units that are trained in a specific department.
Explanation: e.g. gangs or firearms.
Link: Police can consult with experts to solve the case faster.

Police officers are the first to respond when a crime is reported. They are trained professionals who reduce fear in the community and preserve life. In June 2017, police officer Wayne Marques found 3 armed terrorists after they stabbed a couple on Westminster Bridge. He was unarmed with only a baton and a stab vest. He prevented the terrorists from harming any more people and restored the community’s confidence in police officers by risking his own life. As well as this, police and detectives are trained to be very observant which allows for quicker arrests. After Ian Huntly murdered Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman in 2003, the police noticed in a media interview that he kept referring to them in the past tense. This led the police to question him and eventually convict him. This means criminals are removed from society quicker, making the community safer and preserving life. Within the police force there are special units that are trained in a specific department such as gangs or firearms means the police can consult with experts easily on a case who have specific, extensive knowledge on the subject to solve the case faster and reduce the number of victims. In the brief, the police enlist the help of a criminal psychologist to help create a profile of the criminal. This helps the police to narrow down the suspects and find them quicker. They also have a wide range of skills to assist them when interviewing emotionally damaged victims and witnesses to gather information sensitively as to not cause more harm. In the brief the police interview the man in the park to gain more information on what the suspect may look like. This could then possibly be used to see if anyone else recognised the potential attacker and try to identify him.
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for your help. I hope that you'll be able to help when I need it.
hope1279
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you very much for your help. I hope that you'll be able to help when I need it.
Just let me know when you need a hand. I couldn't imagine having to learn everything like your year is and wanna help
Anita04x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi there,
Hi, I just wanted to know, if you would be able to help me with criminology. and wow you got great results, well done I wish I get the same, I don't know why but I just cant understand criminology like I just cant get the information in my head.
Uxo
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anita04x)
Hi, I just wanted to know, if you would be able to help me with criminology. and wow you got great results, well done I wish I get the same, I don't know why but I just cant understand criminology like I just cant get the information in my head.
has anyone done the unit 1 2021 controlled assessment for criminology wjec? if so what was on there?
Nxdiaaa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there,
Hi I read your message and was curious if you did end up doing your unit 4 exam in criminology as I am now. If I’m correct that would have been the 2020 paper, I was wondering what topics came up in that paper so I could revise for mine, as my teacher is using past papers as resources for the paper. Thank you.
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Uxo)
has anyone done the unit 1 2021 controlled assessment for criminology wjec? if so what was on there?
The thing with each exam, there is a different brief every time, but you will be writing about each AC and relating it to the brief.
dozitagain
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone have the 2020 past paper for Wjec criminology unit 4 or know of any topics which came up? Would appreciate greatly thanks.
2020paper
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dozitagain)
Does anyone have the 2020 past paper for Wjec criminology unit 4 or know of any topics which came up? Would appreciate greatly thanks.
yeah i would like to know too
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dozitagain)
There wasn't a 2020 paper due to covid. So you will only find 2017 - 2019.
2020paper
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
There wasn't a 2020 paper due to covid. So you will only find 2017 - 2019.
But could u help find the 2020 one. The one i think we are doing is the november 2020 paper.
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 2020paper)
But could u help find the 2020 one. The one i think we are doing is the november 2020 paper.
If there was never one released i think its going to be quite hard to find. Im in year 13 and my teacher is incorporating unit 1, 2, 3 and 4 into an exam paper and i really dont know what to expect.
Yf1372
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What was your favourite unit to study
Nicole.200211
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Yf1372)
What was your favourite unit to study
Mine?
SInce I didnt actually learn all the content for either unit 2 and unit 4 Im not too sure. And unit 1 and 3 are controlled assessments and they were okay. But if I had to pick one it would be unit 2
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.25%
England (108)
33.75%
Belgium (27)
8.44%
Germany (38)
11.88%
Spain (6)
1.88%