Dnipro medical intitute of traditional and non traditional....

Watch
MedicUkraine
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Hani01)
Yes, the degree is accepted/accreditted world wide. The GMC doesn't accredit any university, they just provide a minimum criteria:
1. Minimum 5500 hours study
2. Listed in the world directory of medical schools
3. You must have done clinical rotations (clinical clerkships) as part of your primary medical qualification, which have given you appropriate clinical experience. This means the clinical rotations:

must have been of an acceptable duration
included exposure to medicine and surgery
were overseen or approved by the institution you attended
formed part of your overall programme of study.

> The course meets all of these criteria (3-4 years of clinicals, 24 rotations inc surgery...)

4. Not specifically black listed by the GMC
5. Atleast 3 years of study in medical school

In America, it is dependant on the state and each state have their own criteria. For example, california provide a list of accepted medical schools:
https://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applicants/Schools_Recognized/ Enter ukraine, and find "The Dniepropetrovsk Medical Institute"

In California:https://mcc.ca/news/imed-is-now-redi...-schools-wdms/ (university is in the "sponsor notes")

In Australia: https://www.amc.org.au/assessment/pa...dical-schools/ Select ukraine and find Dnipro Medical Institute of traditional and non traditional medicine

You get the idea.. To check the country you type something in on google along the lines of "Australian medical council eligible/accepted primary medical qualification"

In terms of transferring universtiies the GMC criteria for that are:
-the institution is part of a recognised twinning programme or a recognised campus of another institution, or

-it was not possible to complete your qualification at one institution for justifiable reasons.

Source: https://www.gmc-uk.org/registration-...qualifications

I know of an individual who has graduated from DMI and is working in the UK as a doctor. Hope this helps!
Hi Hani.

I would also be very interested in that name that you are referring to above. I notice you havn't answered the question for the previous person that asked it.

I tried to find people before starting my course in Sept 2020, but failed to find anyone. Medlink kept avoiding the question, by patronising comments as to what questions I should be asking!!!

To anyone else out there, I would really be grateful for some verifyable evidence that it is possible to practice in the UK, at the end of the 6 years, without any further requirements.
Lady_Nini
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by MedicUkraine)
Hi Hani.

I would also be very interested in that name that you are referring to above. I notice you havn't answered the question for the previous person that asked it.

I tried to find people before starting my course in Sept 2020, but failed to find anyone. Medlink kept avoiding the question, by patronising comments as to what questions I should be asking!!!

To anyone else out there, I would really be grateful for some verifyable evidence that it is possible to practice in the UK, at the end of the 6 years, without any further requirements.
Hi!!

Did you find out?

I am looking to start this year, for the graduate entry program, but I am having the same doubts.

Thank you.
Vaporprodigy
Rep:
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Lady_Nini)
Hi!!

Did you find out?

I am looking to start this year, for the graduate entry program, but I am having the same doubts.

Thank you.
Dont study in dnipro. It is not recognised by the GMC.
Turi7
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey,Did anyone eventually join Dnipro? I just got accepted into the graduate program and I’m having reservations.
MedicUkraine
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
How come there are ABSOLUTELY NO GRADUATES from this DMI that have been available for contact???
MedicUkraine
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Lady_Nini)
Hi!!

Did you find out?

Thank you.
Hi. No Hani never replied. So I have asked the question again. Lets see if there is anyone out there who has actually graduated from this institute - let alone practicing in the UK. I really am beginning to doubt whether what Medlink are saying is actually true.
ElderlyMedic
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by MedicUkraine)
Hi. No Hani never replied. So I have asked the question again. Lets see if there is anyone out there who has actually graduated from this institute - let alone practicing in the UK. I really am beginning to doubt whether what Medlink are saying is actually true.
Look for a YouTube Chanel called old man medicine. Guy from the UK, former nurse, I think that he is now in year five. Looks really legit, if it wasn't for him I would disregard Medlink/DMI as a scam.
ElderlyMedic
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Vaporprodigy)
Dont study in dnipro. It is not recognised by the GMC.
evidence?
Turi7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ElderlyMedic)
Look for a YouTube Chanel called old man medicine. Guy from the UK, former nurse, I think that he is now in year five. Looks really legit, if it wasn't for him I would disregard Medlink/DMI as a scam.
Yes, I bumped into his page. Quite informative. Also, I have been in touch with amyannaarmy via Instagram as she is a 4th yr medical graduate student at DMI. It would be great to find alumni in the UK tho.
ElderlyMedic
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Turi7)
Yes, I bumped into his page. Quite informative. Also, I have been in touch with amyannaarmy via Instagram as she is a 4th yr medical graduate student at DMI. It would be great to find alumni in the UK tho.
Amy looks really sketchy
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
I would encourage people to do their own research rather than relying on the recent influx of posters regarding Eastern European med schools.

As noted elsewhere, TSR is a UK forum so any guidance here should be considered anecdotal at best.
Turi7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
Amy looks really sketchy
Too good to be true, huh...I thought so too, but yeah...
Turi7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
I would encourage people to do their own research rather than relying on the recent influx of posters regarding Eastern European med schools.

As noted elsewhere, TSR is a UK forum so any guidance here should be considered anecdotal at best.
I think the challenge is finding that reliable information considering there's hardly any information out there in regards to the universities or the specific cities of those countries.
ElderlyMedic
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Turi7)
Too good to be true, huh...I thought so too, but yeah...
What really made me think that DMI is a scam was her video titled "Proof that DMI exists". Where she essentially walks into a completely empty office building, no people, students, anyone there. Only people in the entire "med school" were in its basement, pretty much exclusively only agency staff just kind of hanging around...
Paul from the Old Man medicine looks like he is legit, found two similar guys. Without them, I would think that it is a scam. But, who knows.
Turi7
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
What really made me think that DMI is a scam was her video titled "Proof that DMI exists". Where she essentially walks into a completely empty office building, no people, students, anyone there. Only people in the entire "med school" were in its basement, pretty much exclusively only agency staff just kind of hanging around...
Paul from the Old Man medicine looks like he is legit, found two similar guys. Without them, I would think that it is a scam. But, who knows.
I actually did not watch that video. I remember seeing the preview, but that's it. There is also 'Emily MD' she's still new into the medical graduate program and also from the UK. I find Paul hard to follow,..but at least he is honest, like the apartment video.
ElderlyMedic
Rep:
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Turi7)
I actually did not watch that video. I remember seeing the preview, but that's it. There is also 'Emily MD' she's still new into the medical graduate program and also from the UK. I find Paul hard to follow,..but at least he is honest, like the apartment video.
Paul is the first one that gave me the impression that is actually in Ukraine and actually doing medicine. Most of the others look like C tier influencers paid to parrot back generic gibberish.

I have booked myself a "free" consultation with Medilnk and my "senior advisor" is a random sales guys with no medical background of any kind (found his linkedin). SO, I guess he is going to tell me whatever he thinks I want to hear... money is money and the First online year is like £7K+, thats lots of cash for few Udemy level courses biology and anatomy
But, it's probably the only to do it ... so, well, I am not sure.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (101)
34.47%
Yes - a trusted person (83)
28.33%
No (78)
26.62%
I'm not sure (31)
10.58%

Watched Threads