Do I feel numb?

Watch
Blinkers2
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
In all honesty I can't tell anymore. I have been betrayed by 2 of the people closest to me and a number of people in between. When I got with my ex I finally trusted again, thought I never ever have to worry about him betraying me... But he did, he cheated on me.
I feel like my walls have gone so far up ill never be able to open up and be vulnerable again.
Its been 9 month and although I feel like I'm managing OK I don't have the urge to go out and meet anyone or think of being with someone again. Don't get me wrong I do get horny but the thought of sleeping with someone again very rarely crosses my mind... In all honesty I don't really feel much emotion... Am I broken?
JohnB1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi there. I think it is perfectly normal to put the walls up when you feel that you have been betrayed. Trust takes time to build, and when lost can take a long time to get back. As you say, you don’t feel the need for a partner in your life at the moment, and that is ok too. Many people stay single for all their life because they are happy that way. Take time to enjoy yourself and your hobbies (as lockdown is lifted). You never know, you might just meet somebody while not looking, and those relationships can be very special and long lasting. There is no rush to be in a relationship if you are happy. Take care and stay safe.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (531)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (645)
41.24%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (316)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (72)
4.6%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise