gjessica
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
How hard is the maths in A-level biology and A-level business for someone who is predicated grade 4/5 in foundation maths gcse?
littleflower16
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi
Uh it might just be me but the maths in Biology is pretty hard. Not that the skills needed is difficult but understanding what the question is asking of you. Plus the fact that there is more of them now than before.
I don't think it's impossible with your grades but you might want to do a lot of extra reading. Personally i got an 8 in GCSE Maths and i do both A Level Maths and Further Maths and i still lose most of my marks in Biology on the maths questions.
It might just be me though.
dasda
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Most of the maths in biology is of gcse level. You have to practice with a lot of math questions to understand what the question is telling you to do.
crusty kebab
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
i think in as level biology (im in year 12) the maths itself isn't hard, it's the wording of the questions. You also have to be decent a rearranging formulas.
hewer123
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by gjessica)
How hard is the maths in A-level biology and A-level business for someone who is predicated grade 4/5 in foundation maths gcse?
There is some stats in it. However the maths percentage is so low that you can get good grades without answering the maths questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.91%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (890)
42.75%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.88%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads