Bombb21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
whilst doing my course will I be paid for placements or not? - just need help in my student finance as this was asked
henleykt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Placements are not paid.
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
they aren't paid.
When applying for student finance, you choose 'university or college' for all three terms (don't choose 'placement' for any)... this is because with student finance, placement refers to part of a work placement year for courses which organise external placements... these placement years are typically sandwiched in between the second and final year. Nursing placements are different: they're arranged and facilitated by the university, run alongside & as part of the course, and they aren't work placements, they are placements for teaching practice.

Another reason that Nursing doesn't operate placements through the student finance system is that if you've put 'placement' on your student finance application, it will in most cases attract reduced funding.
If you've sent it already, you'll most likely need to contact student finance and ask them to rectify it.
We were told that all nursing students need to put 'uni or college' for all terms.
Last edited by moosec; 1 year ago
Bombb21
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by moosec)
they aren't paid.
When applying for student finance, you choose 'university or college' for all three terms (don't choose 'placement' for any)... this is because with student finance, placement refers to part of a work placement year for courses which organise external placements... these placement years are typically sandwiched in between the second and final year. Nursing placements are different: they're arranged and facilitated by the university, run alongside & as part of the course, and they aren't work placements, they are placements for teaching practice.

Another reason that Nursing doesn't operate placements through the student finance system is that if you've put 'placement' on your student finance application, it will in most cases attract reduced funding.
If you've sent it already, you'll most likely need to contact student finance and ask them to rectify it.
We were told that all nursing students need to put 'uni or college' for all terms.
ohh okay thanks so much I will go and change this now , haven't sent it off yet
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bombb21)
ohh okay thanks so much I will go and change this now , haven't sent it off yet
No worries it’s such an easy mistake to make, they really don’t make it clear enough
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.82%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.45%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (37)
16.82%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (33)
15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (59)
26.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise