The Student Room Group

Uni Accommodation

If the contracts between your current accommodation and your new accommodation don't overlap, are you meant to move home between each year of uni? My uni is more that 260miles from home, and I don't want to have to move back for a few months and then move all that way again. Should I ask for an extension on either of the flats?
Reply 1
Original post by EllieAgain
If the contracts between your current accommodation and your new accommodation don't overlap, are you meant to move home between each year of uni? My uni is more that 260miles from home, and I don't want to have to move back for a few months and then move all that way again. Should I ask for an extension on either of the flats?

i would definitely ask for an extension. Only other way round it is to put your stuff in storage until you are ready to move but that involves travel also. You might have to pay a little extra, like maybe 2 more weeks rent but its less of a headache.
Reply 2
Original post by manyash
i would definitely ask for an extension. Only other way round it is to put your stuff in storage until you are ready to move but that involves travel also. You might have to pay a little extra, like maybe 2 more weeks rent but its less of a headache.

Thank you! I'll try and contact them when the office opens in June.
Original post by EllieAgain

Hi @EllieAgain,

Have you considered looking into storage facilities near your university accommodation, this may be cheaper than extending rent! If you google 'storage facilities near me' on google then it should come up with a range of options.

I hope this helps,

Millie- Student Representative

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending