user131002
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RA112)
Hi guys,
I did the ECAA last year.
My advice for the ECAA – maximising practise is the best method possible to revise. You have to try as many questions as possible.
Good sources are MAT past papers, the ECAA past papers on the website.
Sometimes books on Amazon are useful. But the specification did change this year.
From my search, there is only one book on Amazon for the new 2020 specification called “The Complete ECAA Guide”, perhaps that will be the best book to use. It has 300 maths questions and 20 essay questions.
Also, you can do the maths questions from the TMUA which are a good revision source.
thanks a lot! if you don't mind me asking, are you an offer-holder and if so for what college
rishabh.r
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RA112)
Hi guys,
I did the ECAA last year.
My advice for the ECAA – maximising practise is the best method possible to revise. You have to try as many questions as possible.
Good sources are MAT past papers, the ECAA past papers on the website.
Sometimes books on Amazon are useful. But the specification did change this year.
From my search, there is only one book on Amazon for the new 2020 specification called “The Complete ECAA Guide”, perhaps that will be the best book to use. It has 300 maths questions and 20 essay questions.
Also, you can do the maths questions from the TMUA which are a good revision source.
Thank you! When did you start revising for the ECAA?
RA112
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by rishabh.r)
Thank you! When did you start revising for the ECAA?
Around August time was when I started, but given you guys probably have more time on your hands right now, perhaps starting now would help
Do not do any of the official ECAA past papers till last. Start with the New Spec book on Amazon, finish that over summer and from September/ October either do the book again as you may have forgotten the answers and then start doing past papers
rishabh.r
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by RA112)
Around August time was when I started, but given you guys probably have more time on your hands right now, perhaps starting now would help
Do not do any of the official ECAA past papers till last. Start with the New Spec book on Amazon, finish that over summer and from September/ October either do the book again as you may have forgotten the answers and then start doing past papers
sounds good. thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get the SQA results you wanted today?

Yes- I did even better than I hoped! (5)
15.63%
Yes- I got what I was hoping for (9)
28.13%
No- my results weren't as good as I'd hoped (18)
56.25%

Watched Threads