The Student Room Group

I'm furious at this George Floyd stuff

I saw the video the day it came out, and I've been raging ever since. I've signed ever petition to get the officers charged, emailed the police department . I can't get the rage out of my system, I feel physically sickened by it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Honestly me too Ive been so angry.This officer has done this to 12 black peoples and not once has any one done anything but he ain’t getting away this time.What made me even mad is the amount of police standing and barricading the door of the officer like a 1000 police officers.Stupid useless fool
I know right and btw no further action for Belly Mujinga. smh
Reply 3
Original post by k1255
Honestly me too Ive been so angry.This officer has done this to 12 black peoples and not once has any one done anything but he ain’t getting away this time.What made me even mad is the amount of police standing and barricading the door of the officer like a 1000 police officers.Stupid useless fool

I had one bad experience with the police, they arrested me out of a power grab I had done nothing wrong just play fighting with my friend, and when I explained that they arrested me. I was pretty pissed off considering I had done nothing wrong, the thought that elsewhere for even less than that the police brutalise and murder men absolutely ****s me off to death. what's worse is that you can tell by their facial expressions that they fully believe there will be no repercussions to their actions, because the police clearly protect each other over this sort of thing, that's why there's no easy way to solve this, how many other times has this happened off camera and the police have just lied about what occurred? ****ing vile
Reply 4
Original post by KrazyKriss

black people are second class citizens in the western world, and no one wants to believe it! I am disgusted

Sorry but they cannot prove it about poor belly. The man may just have been a ranting idiot. She was a BAME though and had underlying conditions. I hope that the rail employers give her family compensation because without her and others like her, the country would have ground to a halt
Original post by squeakysquirrel
Sorry but they cannot prove it about poor belly. The man may just have been a ranting idiot. She was a BAME though and had underlying conditions. I hope that the rail employers give her family compensation because without her and others like her, the country would have ground to a halt

The BTP have done an incredibly poor job of saying why they have reached this decision, the law must be transparent in order to be trusted.

Spitting at someone is battery regardless of whether they have COVID.
Original post by Plufouree
I saw the video the day it came out, and I've been raging ever since. I've signed ever petition to get the officers charged, emailed the police department . I can't get the rage out of my system, I feel physically sickened by it.

They are going as fast as they can. They have already charged the man who had the knee on the neck.
Not sufe whether your rage gets you that far.
Original post by DiddyDec
The BTP have done an incredibly poor job of saying why they have reached this decision, the law must be transparent in order to be trusted.

But it isn't murder.
I'm just waiting to see how long he (the police officer) gets sent down for, I got a horrible feeling its only gonna be a few years... if that!
But it isn't murder.

:facepalm2:
But it isn't murder.

hold up....the police officer intentionally didn't move when he said he couldn't breathe and the victim died as a result. please, explain in what world this isn't murder. allow me to attach the definition!
Reply 12

Original post by yzanne
hold up....the police officer intentionally didn't move when he said he couldn't breathe and the victim died as a result. please, explain in what world this isn't murder. allow me to attach the definition!

Different cases. 'Not murder' was in relation to a railway employee who died in the UK.
Reply 13

"Police found no evidence that a London Victoria station worker was spat at before her death from coronavirus, they have clarified."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/belly-mujinga-death-no-evidence-spitting-a4455371.html%3famp
Original post by Surnia
"Police found no evidence that a London Victoria station worker was spat at before her death from coronavirus, they have clarified."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/belly-mujinga-death-no-evidence-spitting-a4455371.html?amp

It’s really annoying me to see the way this incident is being used in conjunction with what happened to George Floyd for woke middle class students to say “look we’re racist here too”.

To prosecute this case the police would have to find the person who apparently spat; prove he spat at her; prove he had coronavirus; prove that she had caught coronavirus from this incident and; prove the she died of coronavirus. Given that the police don’t feel they can prove more than perhaps one of those I don’t see how everyone is calling this a miscarriage of justice. I can assume they’re privy to evidence the BTP aren’t
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by yzanne

If you bothered to check, this was a reference to the poor lady belly mujinga who died of covid after allegedly being spat at by a passenger. See post number 9. Not quite sure how that ended up in this thread
Original post by yzanne

Your google definition of murder is completely irrelevant. Try looking up the relevant Minnesota statutes
Original post by Surnia

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/belly-mujinga-death-no-evidence-spitting-a4455371.html%3famp

The fact they had to do a follow up statement is the problem.
Original post by EMC075
I agree partially but I think part of the responsibility must fall to her employer and they must be held accountable because vulnerable people should not have had to work in positions that made them unsafe. Poor Belly should have been protected by the lockdown system we had in place and forcing her to work was an absolute failure on behalf of TFL. :frown:

She wasn't employed by TfL, she worked for a private train company.
Reply 19
She wasn't employed by TfL, she worked for a private train company.

Oh right sorry.. that's a bit embarrassing I'm going to delete my comment now. Sorry everyone. Thanks for pointing it out!

Quick Reply