The Student Room Group

Is it a possibility we'll get back?

My ex boyfriend and I didn't last long but we got back twice. We broke up the first time because I was too clingy. The second time was because he wasn't ready for a relationship. Now he is ready for one as he tells me. After the second time we broke up, we had sex once and we were fwb's. He ghosted me a month after the sex. Now we just talk sometimes as friends. Is there a possibility we'll get back together?
it sounds like he was never really interested you so unless you're open to the possibility of sex without love don't waste your time because that's what you might get
You two have tried multiple times with the relationship and it hasn't worked, seemingly because you were not on the same page (you wanted more of a proper relationship than him?) So I suppose it might be more successful if you are both wanting the same thing. But do you really want to get back with him? He doesn't seem to have very genuine or deep feelings for you, so it depends what relationship you want and what other qualities he has and how well you get on
Reply 3
Original post by Issakatie
You two have tried multiple times with the relationship and it hasn't worked, seemingly because you were not on the same page (you wanted more of a proper relationship than him?) So I suppose it might be more successful if you are both wanting the same thing. But do you really want to get back with him? He doesn't seem to have very genuine or deep feelings for you, so it depends what relationship you want and what other qualities he has and how well you get on

Yes, i do. I really miss him. He's such a funny person. He goes through a lot and I want to be there for him when he needs help.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes, i do. I really miss him. He's such a funny person. He goes through a lot and I want to be there for him when he needs help.

Well you certainly seem to have good intentions, however what does he offer you? Would he be a good boyfriend?
Reply 5
Well you certainly seem to have good intentions, however what does he offer you? Would he be a good boyfriend?

Honestly, we were a good couple and had no fights. But the only thing i'm worried about is it isn't going to last long.
Honestly, we were a good couple and had no fights. But the only thing i'm worried about is it isn't going to last long.

Why do you think it won't last long? No fights isn't necessarily a good indicator of a good relationship either
Reply 7
Why do you think it won't last long? No fights isn't necessarily a good indicator of a good relationship either

Well I think he might have another excuse of not to date me. But if he genuinely had a problem with the relationship, I don't see why he would have a problem again.
Reply 8
My ex boyfriend and I didn't last long but we got back twice. We broke up the first time because I was too clingy. The second time was because he wasn't ready for a relationship. Now he is ready for one as he tells me. After the second time we broke up, we had sex once and we were fwb's. He ghosted me a month after the sex. Now we just talk sometimes as friends. Is there a possibility we'll get back together?

It sounds super toxic
you guys broke up for a reason. I think it's probably best you let go and find someone better for you. :smile:

i've tried getting back together with an ex several times and it never worked. if it doesn't work the first time, it's unlikely to work the second, or the third, or the fourth etc. of course it sometimes can, but sounds to me like you should just move on.

best of luck

Quick Reply

Latest