The Student Room Group

What percent of the population is autistic?

???
i may be talking out of my ass here but given that autism is considered as a degree of a certain behaviour, isn't it sort of impossible to estimate? you could give the percentage of diagnosed people but that would miss out undiagnosed cases but even then, there's surely people very mildly autistic who would be undiagnosed anyway
Reply 2
Wasn't there an article in the news recently where they thought that the majority of all men had some form of autism ?
Thats a very good question.
I've really no idea, couldn't even start to guess.
In the TSR population? Probably >30%.
:laugh: exactly. I can be like taking candy from a baby at times: evil, but still a bit fun.
Wouldn't that fall under right to medical privacy. Even if they knew a percentage, i don't think they would be allowed to state it, it's probably not illegal.. Since it's broader data, but it would be inappropriate...

Give it week, the government will do it!
Original post by JaseyB
Wasn't there an article in the news recently where they thought that the majority of all men had some form of autism ?

I’ve never heard that.
Original post by HoldThisL
i may be talking out of my ass here but given that autism is considered as a degree of a certain behaviour, isn't it sort of impossible to estimate? you could give the percentage of diagnosed people but that would miss out undiagnosed cases but even then, there's surely people very mildly autistic who would be undiagnosed anyway

It’s a behaviour spectrum, but only people who score highly on this behaviour reach the official classification which is what I am asking about.

Quick Reply

Latest