Anyone else miss year 11?

Watch this thread
Dortmund fan
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Just finished year 13 (prematurely because of the coronavirus) and looking back on my whole secondary school experience I realised that I really miss year 11? Even though it was only two years ago I often find myself feeling very nostalgic ( in a way you perhaps would when thinking about something from 10 years ago) There were so many things about year 11 that I preferred to sixth form. For starters GCSEs are WAY easier than A levels but you dont really realise that at the time. So througjout the whole year I never felt stressed about work and always felt confident for assessments. I even started revising way too late for the exams but still came out with really good grades. Also, loads of my really close friends in year 11 didnt attend sixth from with me for whatever reason, one of my best friends moved to a different country, one went to a different sixth form, and about 3 or 4 didnt stay on for sixth form at all so they started college or something. So to put it bluntly I wasnt particularly close with a lot of the people I would hang around with in sixth form. Also, the classes. In year 11 we were in pretty big classes, especially for triple science. And I know this isnt good but all of my lessons were so funny becuase there were quite a few "class clown" type peope. That would crack me up every lesson. I know that certainly isnt productive but at gcse I felt I could get away with this attitude. I remember vividly thinking in one physics lesson when I was mid laugh "this is will quite possibly be the most enjoyable time of your school life, so remember it" and yeah in a nutshell the class was just a lot more funny. Whilst in year 12 and 13 the classes are much smaller and people take subjects required for their uni courses so are less fun in general. And with gcses the exams are a lot easier and I kind of miss that satisfactory feeling of finishing an exam and the freedom that comes with it. The reason Im typing this is I heard a song the other day that I hadnt heard since GCSE music and the feeling of nostalgia was incredible. Like I heard this song and felt like the last 24 months of my life had been a dream and that I was back in my music class. I dont really know why Im typing this I am very grateful if you are still reading but I just find it crazy how much has changed since then. Like there were so many people I would talk to and gst on with on a daily basis in year 11, Some close friends, some aqaintances and so many of them I just never see anymore. There are only really 2 close friends that I had in year 11 that stayed in my sixth form and just on the whole there qere so many more poeople in my life. Also I have applied for UnI this year and that brought no end of stress. Anyone else feel the same at all?
Retronomical
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Yes.
StarGirlie12
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I cried when I started sixth form because it was so different to year 11/10... so yes. It just felt like such a nice time back then, whilst sixth form ruined my fave subjects and made me kind of sad. I'm currently trying to decide on Unis and can understand feeling stressed over that. It sucks not knowing what to do!
Last edited by StarGirlie12; 1 year ago
GT86
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Dortmund fan)
Just finished year 13 (prematurely because of the coronavirus) and looking back on my whole secondary school experience I realised that I really miss year 11? Even though it was only two years ago I often find myself feeling very nostalgic ( in a way you perhaps would when thinking about something from 10 years ago) There were so many things about year 11 that I preferred to sixth form. For starters GCSEs are WAY easier than A levels but you dont really realise that at the time. So througjout the whole year I never felt stressed about work and always felt confident for assessments. I even started revising way too late for the exams but still came out with really good grades. Also, loads of my really close friends in year 11 didnt attend sixth from with me for whatever reason, one of my best friends moved to a different country, one went to a different sixth form, and about 3 or 4 didnt stay on for sixth form at all so they started college or something. So to put it bluntly I wasnt particularly close with a lot of the people I would hang around with in sixth form. Also, the classes. In year 11 we were in pretty big classes, especially for triple science. And I know this isnt good but all of my lessons were so funny becuase there were quite a few "class clown" type peope. That would crack me up every lesson. I know that certainly isnt productive but at gcse I felt I could get away with this attitude. I remember vividly thinking in one physics lesson when I was mid laugh "this is will quite possibly be the most enjoyable time of your school life, so remember it" and yeah in a nutshell the class was just a lot more funny. Whilst in year 12 and 13 the classes are much smaller and people take subjects required for their uni courses so are less fun in general. And with gcses the exams are a lot easier and I kind of miss that satisfactory feeling of finishing an exam and the freedom that comes with it. The reason Im typing this is I heard a song the other day that I hadnt heard since GCSE music and the feeling of nostalgia was incredible. Like I heard this song and felt like the last 24 months of my life had been a dream and that I was back in my music class. I dont really know why Im typing this I am very grateful if you are still reading but I just find it crazy how much has changed since then. Like there were so many people I would talk to and gst on with on a daily basis in year 11, Some close friends, some aqaintances and so many of them I just never see anymore. There are only really 2 close friends that I had in year 11 that stayed in my sixth form and just on the whole there qere so many more poeople in my life. Also I have applied for UnI this year and that brought no end of stress. Anyone else feel the same at all?
I left school in 2017 but yeah I miss the fit teachers in not just y11 just in my school
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads