The Student Room Group

Moving school

My schools quite unusual in that it has 3 separate sites, 2 of them are for year 7 and 8 and the third is for 9 - a levels. I’m currently in year 8 and I’m moving to the third site in September.

Due to coronavirus we can’t have our induction day ( which I was already nervous for before even when we had it ) and now we have to do it virtually. I really don’t understand how that’s going to work and I’m so scared to go there as it’s so much bigger than my current site.

In year 7 I struggled finding the right group and I’ve finally found one but now it’s been cut short by corona virus. Year 7 was actual sh*t and I hated school and not I feel like finally I’m happy and I can’t even enjoy it. it’s like fate wants me to hate my life . My dad left me and my mum last year and none of that side of the family care about me as they havnt even contacted me within the last 2 years and expect me to still talk to them and be normal when I’ve had such a hard year and now things are finally looking up and then oh wait coronavirus ruins it.

I’m so nervous to start at the new site and I don’t know what I’m going to do.
Original post by lucy289361
My schools quite unusual in that it has 3 separate sites, 2 of them are for year 7 and 8 and the third is for 9 - a levels. I’m currently in year 8 and I’m moving to the third site in September.

Due to coronavirus we can’t have our induction day ( which I was already nervous for before even when we had it ) and now we have to do it virtually. I really don’t understand how that’s going to work and I’m so scared to go there as it’s so much bigger than my current site.

In year 7 I struggled finding the right group and I’ve finally found one but now it’s been cut short by corona virus. Year 7 was actual sh*t and I hated school and not I feel like finally I’m happy and I can’t even enjoy it. it’s like fate wants me to hate my life . My dad left me and my mum last year and none of that side of the family care about me as they havnt even contacted me within the last 2 years and expect me to still talk to them and be normal when I’ve had such a hard year and now things are finally looking up and then oh wait coronavirus ruins it.

Hi,
First I just want to say I'm really sorry you feel this way and that coronavirus has caused such trouble for you. My school works in a similar way to yours in that I moved schools after year 8, not year 6 like many people do. When I moved I was really scared because the school was much bigger so I completely understand how you're feeling in that respect. My advice to you would just be to make sure you meet up with some friends on your first day and really do try to talk to people you are sat next to in classes if you can. I had pretty bad social anxiety in year 9 but luckily I was sat next to some lovely people who talked to me and when I really tried, I was able to make friends with them. I will admit I struggled with a few classes where I didn't know anyone but those were usually the subjects I dropped after choosing my options.

I'm in year 11 now and looking back on it, I had no reason to be afraid. I have made some amazing friends without even trying to do so and I mean it when I say that the older years don't care what you're doing (and I mean that in a good way). We have all made awkward mistakes in year 9 and to be honest, older years have far too much going on to judge a year 9 doing something slightly wrong because they don't yet know how things work. You will quickly become used to the bigger school and it will feel completely normal after a few weeks.

Finally, fate doesn't hate you! Coronavirus has been a struggle for many people (my GCSE's were cancelled) but remember, there are so many other people who are also scared to go into year 9 so you are completely not alone, just believe in yourself that you can do it and I'm sure it will turn out fine, don't let this one thing ruin the happiness you have finally found.

Good luck! :smile:
Original post by lucy289361

Just posting to let you know that your thread is now in secondary school, sixth form and fe college!
all the best <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending