Anon374738
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
What is the drop out rate for A level sociology? I heard that if A level sociology is too hard then to drop out and start looking for a job because it means higher education isn’t for you, but you can just do btec health and social care that can still take you to uni and that contains sociology? What is the drop out rate for A level sociology?
Sabrina Peters
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
If you are finding A LEVEL sociology difficult then why not change the subject and take some other subject which you enjoy learning instead of dropping out?
Anon374738
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Sabrina Peters)
If you are finding A LEVEL sociology difficult then why not change the subject and take some other subject which you enjoy learning instead of dropping out?
School won’t let me because it goes on ucas so if I pass I have to carry on. I would rather leave regardless than let A2 be a nightmare in the classroom. Plus If A level sociology is too hard I think it’s a sign that higher education isn’t for me, despite the fact that I was doing fine in my other A levels (English lit and maths)
Sabrina Peters
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anon374738)
School won’t let me because it goes on ucas so if I pass I have to carry on. I would rather leave regardless than let A2 be a nightmare in the classroom. Plus If A level sociology is too hard I think it’s a sign that higher education isn’t for me, despite the fact that I was doing fine in my other A levels (English lit and maths)
Couldn't you try doing your studies privately?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
i don't think there's an officially known drop out rate, how would your knowledge of the drop out rate help you anyway? unis will have different requirements and preferences concerning btecs so you need to do your research, i think it's a bit uncommon to take one up during your second year.
bambi1425
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
if you're doing fine in your other 2 A-level keep going, it might just mean you need to focus on sociology a bit more
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.71%
No (110)
80.29%

Watched Threads