Besiege
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,
I am EU citizen and have pre-settled status. Currently I take BSc Management and finishing 2nd year of study. I would like to start another course right after this one. It would be on Nutrition and I wonder if I would be eligible for tuition fee loan for the 2nd degree? What are my options? Does it matter if 2nd degree will be part time or full time?
Thanks in advance

One more question out of curiosity, what would happen If I withdraw from the recent studies and take the nutrition one?
Last edited by Besiege; 1 year ago
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Besiege)
Hi,
I am EU citizen and have pre-settled status. Currently I take BSc Management and finishing 2nd year of study. I would like to start another course right after this one. It would be on Nutrition and I wonder if I would be eligible for tuition fee loan for the 2nd degree? What are my options? Does it matter if 2nd degree will be part time or full time?
Thanks in advance

One more question out of curiosity, what would happen If I withdraw from the recent studies and take the nutrition one?
Hi,
Nutrition on it's own is not an exception course, only Nutrition with Dietetics. If you withdraw to start a Nutrition course then you will have to self fund the first year of your new course, you will only be funded from the 2nd year onwards.
Thanks, Isaac
Besiege
Rep:
?
Thank you for your response! So by Nutrition with Dietetics you mean 4 year course? And then I can get loan for full 4 years for tuition fee?
And what if I would do something like biology(I think its an exception course) from Open University? What are the terms for this?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you for your response! So by Nutrition with Dietetics you mean 4 year course? And then I can get loan for full 4 years for tuition fee?
And what if I would do something like biology(I think its an exception course) from Open University? What are the terms for this?
When will your course start and how long have you resided in the UK, whats the exact date you arrived?
Thanks, Isaac
Besiege
Rep:
?
So I would start right after this course, that means 2021 (now I'm ending 2nd year) and I've been in UK for 2 years now. The date was June 2018
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So I would start right after this course, that means 2021 (now I'm ending 2nd year) and I've been in UK for 2 years now. The date was June 2018
So you will be able to study the part time biology or the full time nutrition with dietetics and receive a tuition fee loan but no Maintenance Loan unless you meet the Migrant Worker criteria http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f
Thanks, Isaac
Besiege
Rep:
?
Thank you very much
So the difference between nutrition and nutrition with dietetics is that nutrition with dietetics is 4 year study and it allows one to become a dietician? Or how I can see the difference so that I know which course is an exception?(Or is it just the title, doesn't matter how long it takes)
And for the part-time biology, I know I can't take two full time courses at the same time, but if I would continue my recent study and start part-time at the same time then is it still okay for a loan or not?
Sorry for so many questions but this doesn't allow me to sleep, you're very helpful to me!
Besiege
Rep:
?
And what about 'Nutrition and Medical Sciences BSc' from UCL, does it count as an exclusion or not?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you very much
So the difference between nutrition and nutrition with dietetics is that nutrition with dietetics is 4 year study and it allows one to become a dietician? Or how I can see the difference so that I know which course is an exception?(Or is it just the title, doesn't matter how long it takes)
And for the part-time biology, I know I can't take two full time courses at the same time, but if I would continue my recent study and start part-time at the same time then is it still okay for a loan or not?
Sorry for so many questions but this doesn't allow me to sleep, you're very helpful to me!
You're welcome. I will answer all questions in order.
1. Each university has different course lengths, the course title will indicate if it's an exception. The course will either be called just Nutrition or it will have Dietetics in the name as well.
2.You can't have a full time loan and a part time loan at the same time, you will need to finish your course before applying for a new loan.
And what about 'Nutrition and Medical Sciences BSc' from UCL, does it count as an exclusion or not?
3. Only Nutrition and Dietetics is a full time Allied Health Professional exceptions course.
Thanks, Isaac
Besiege
Rep:
?
My last question (I promise!) is, if Biology is an exception course and Chemistry as far as I can tell is also an exception course, then If I would do Open degree in Open university comprising of modules from both Biology and Chemistry, then would it still count for a loan?
Wish you great day
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My last question (I promise!) is, if Biology is an exception course and Chemistry as far as I can tell is also an exception course, then If I would do Open degree in Open university comprising of modules from both Biology and Chemistry, then would it still count for a loan?
Wish you great day
Yes that should be an exception but our assessors will make the decision once they assess you.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (110)
40.89%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (29)
10.78%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (19)
7.06%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (60)
22.3%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (32)
11.9%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
7.06%

Watched Threads