how does fishing work?

Watch
reggiebbb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i’ve looked everywhere and no where seems to make sense. i want to be able to fish but to be able to keep some of the fish rather then throwing them back. how do the rules work with sea fishing? preferably around the hampshire area if you know it? i want to know a good spot i can go where i can fish and keep some, but the legal side confuses me.

also for sea fishing, what’s a good rod and equipment i could have? preferably cheap because i’m only a beginner.
Nevi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.visit-hampshire.co.uk/th...-sport/fishing

https://www.tackleuk.co.uk/Shop/Rods

Saw nobody had replied so thought I would try help out as best as I can. I dont fish but my grandad does fly fishing (I help him make the flies sometimes)

There are so many different types of fishing depending on the environment and population of the river, and what you want to catch.

Most places that have a good supply of catch worthy fish are places that require you to pay. Rules cant really be commented on in general as every place has its own but that first link lists different places in Hampshire and contact details/ basic info. Whether you can keep the catch or return it also depends.

As far as rods go, there are different types for different types of fishing. And they are all different prices and varying quality. That second link looks to be a decent place to have a general explore in rods and anything fishing.

I really aint no expert but hope those two links help a little
parmezanne
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
all i know is they slap the fish on the side once caught
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (106)
27.6%
England (129)
33.59%
Belgium (30)
7.81%
Germany (41)
10.68%
Spain (8)
2.08%