Chemistry is Satan's Manuscript. I need help please

Watch
Nadzu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Okay so the question is
Bromine consists of two stable isotopes that exist in approximately 1:1 ratio. The relative atomic mass of bromine is 79.90. Which are the stable isotopes of bromie.
username402722
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What relationship has Chemistry to the writings of Boris Johnson or the work of Simon Cowell? I fail to see the connection.

As for bromide, I cannot help answer that question.
charco
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Nadzu)
Okay so the question is
Bromine consists of two stable isotopes that exist in approximately 1:1 ratio. The relative atomic mass of bromine is 79.90. Which are the stable isotopes of bromie.
An isotope is an atom of an elements with a specific mass number.
The relative mass of an element is the weighted average mass of the isotopes.
You are told that the ratio of isotopes is about 1:1 so which two integer numbers give you an average of about 79.90
(there are actually many answers to that question, so you will have to assume that the answer is the numbers that are closer to one another!)
username5064508
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
79.90 = (A x 0.5) + (B x 0.5) where A and B are the stable isotope numbers. The numbers are probably going to be close to 79, so try some numbers and see whether you can find the correct combination.
RazzzBerries
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
"Satan's Manuscript" :laugh:

This is why I took English, History and Politics for my A-Levels lol. You guys are super brainy!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.31%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (64)
30.62%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.96%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.13%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.74%
I think it's an unfair expectation (56)
26.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.44%

Watched Threads