Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ask me anything - uni, life, regrets, etc.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How do you feel about grey squirrels?
Darth Caedus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which Star Wars film is the greatest?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Darth Caedus)
Which Star Wars film is the greatest?
Don't watch Star Wars sorry
Darth Caedus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Don't watch Star Wars sorry
Hmm, that’s fun.

Next question - what are your opinions on cats? Personally, I like them.
bluemuffin
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Which unis have you firmed/insured? Assuming you’re going to uni, if not I’m curious what you’re planning to do from next year
Anonymous #1
(Original post by bluemuffin)
Which unis have you firmed/insured? Assuming you’re going to uni, if not I’m curious what you’re planning to do from next year
I have firmed Nottingham and insured UCL (I didn’t receive any other offers - I got rejected from SGUL, QMUL and Birmingham) and I hope to study Pharmacy in September.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Darth Caedus)
Hmm, that’s fun.

Next question - what are your opinions on cats? Personally, I like them.
I think cats are quite cute, although I wouldn’t like to have pets.
her0ndales
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
is there anything you wish you’d done during high school that you regret not doing now?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by her0ndales)
is there anything you wish you’d done during high school that you regret not doing now?
Applying for medicine 😂 the stress was UNREAL and I still didn’t get in (I think it’s for the best though)

Tbh there’s lots I didn’t do that I regret - I was too overly worked up about grades and WORK WORK WORK was all I thought about. I had lots of mental breakdowns and just constant feelings of sadness, and because I don’t open up to people easily I suffered through periods of immense stress and anxiety and I just felt like **** even though I seemed happy - I had some dark thoughts too that I don’t really want to get into just in case this comment gets flagged and removed. Because all I thought about was school, I didn’t have any time for myself and any time to do the things I WANTED to do (I’ve always wanted to do figure skating, but I haven’t been able to so I’m thinking of taking it up in university).
her0ndales
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Applying for medicine 😂 the stress was UNREAL and I still didn’t get in (I think it’s for the best though)

Tbh there’s lots I didn’t do that I regret - I was too overly worked up about grades and WORK WORK WORK was all I thought about. I had lots of mental breakdowns and just constant feelings of sadness, and because I don’t open up to people easily I suffered through periods of immense stress and anxiety and I just felt like **** even though I seemed happy - I had some dark thoughts too that I don’t really want to get into just in case this comment gets flagged and removed. Because all I thought about was school, I didn’t have any time for myself and any time to do the things I WANTED to do (I’ve always wanted to do figure skating, but I haven’t been able to so I’m thinking of taking it up in university).
omg I so understand what you’re saying, I put so much pressure on myself to do well in my a levels that by the time it got to the summer before uni I was a wreck 😂

some good news for you though, being at uni is so so different to school, there’s more of a balance between social life and uni work and I feel like 100x less stressed doing important coursework than I ever did revising for school exams aha!! (:
akuaaaaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I have firmed Nottingham and insured UCL (I didn’t receive any other offers - I got rejected from SGUL, QMUL and Birmingham) and I hope to study Pharmacy in September.
Wow doing Pharmacy at Nottingham is my dream. I'm currently in year 12 do you happen to have any tips for getting a place there? Also i'm writing my personal statement at the moment. Thanks
Anonymous #2
Report 1 week ago
You lost your virginity?
Aminah T
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
How is yr 13? Is it stressful?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
You lost your virginity?
NO I'm incapable of finding love .
Anonymous #1
(Original post by akuaaaaaa)
Wow doing Pharmacy at Nottingham is my dream. I'm currently in year 12 do you happen to have any tips for getting a place there? Also i'm writing my personal statement at the moment. Thanks
Pharmacy wasn't the career I initially planned on doing, so I don't really have any tips for pharmacy, apart from preparing the usual interview questions (why pharmacy, perhaps linking topics from A-level to pharmacy, etc.) and also brushing up on your chemistry. It's also a good idea to know where you can go with pharmacy, the role a pharmacist plays in healthcare, key skills needed, as well as knowing the GPhC's 9 standards for pharmaceutical professionals (Nottingham asks you to read up on it prior to interview) and knowing where and how each standard can be shown in a clinical setting. When I wrote my personal statement, each paragraph had a theme: introduction (I chose an anecdote to start it off), volunteering/work experience, A-levels, extracurricular, conclusion (I can't remember exactly how I did it but it was roughly like that).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Aminah T)
How is yr 13? Is it stressful?
For me, y13 wasn't stressful in terms of the workload, but there was a lot of mental stress because of UCAS and final exams. By January, I learned to manage my time properly, and although I'd only get 3-4 hours of sleep a night, because I had a routine of waking up at the same time everyday (6:!5-6:30am), I felt less tired and got more work done (the days I started later I just went to the library - there'd be days I started after break so I'd end up being in the library for 3 hours straight (I took breaks though, to go to the toilet, fill my water bottle, watch videos and play short games (I had my own laptop and a VPN so no one could see what I was doing)).
akuaaaaaa
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Pharmacy wasn't the career I initially planned on doing, so I don't really have any tips for pharmacy, apart from preparing the usual interview questions (why pharmacy, perhaps linking topics from A-level to pharmacy, etc.) and also brushing up on your chemistry. It's also a good idea to know where you can go with pharmacy, the role a pharmacist plays in healthcare, key skills needed, as well as knowing the GPhC's 9 standards for pharmaceutical professionals (Nottingham asks you to read up on it prior to interview) and knowing where and how each standard can be shown in a clinical setting. When I wrote my personal statement, each paragraph had a theme: introduction (I chose an anecdote to start it off), volunteering/work experience, A-levels, extracurricular, conclusion (I can't remember ,how I did it but it was roughly like that).
Wow okay thank you so much! I will read up on the standards for pharmaceutical professionals. I've wanted to go into Veterinary Medicine since year 9 and only recently changed my course to pharmacy, so I am quite behind on all this. Thanks again .
ella’s words
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
hiya, do you keep a friendly monster under your bed that you feed digestives?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (12)
8.57%
Confident (18)
12.86%
Indifferent (25)
17.86%
Unsure (38)
27.14%
Worried (47)
33.57%

Watched Threads