Emilie1998
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by abbiesuzanne)
Hey there! I just finished third year and have received an offer for the School Direct Primary PGCE at the University of Wolverhampton. Just finished my undergrad in Early Childhood Studies. I've also had about 3 years of experience in early years/primary settings. Let me know if you need a hand with anything
Hi, you are similar to me but i have the dreaded test in 2 weeks, any advice on maths and English, really nervous....ive applied for PCP SCITT, thank you
YorkshireBorn
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hello everyone, I have just accepted an offer with my first choice. I am going to be doing Primary 5-11. If anyone had any questions I will do my best to help.
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by YorkshireBorn)
Hello everyone, I have just accepted an offer with my first choice. I am going to be doing Primary 5-11. If anyone had any questions I will do my best to help.
Congrats! Nice to get it out of the way this early
YorkshireBorn
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by bluebeetle)
Congrats! Nice to get it out of the way this early
Thanks! 100%, I can put my attention back on my uni work now 😂
C_L_W
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Congratulations 🎉
Shewa Olawale
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Congratulations 🥳🥳
Do you mind telling us what provider it was and the interview process?

Thanks I’m advance.
YorkshireBorn
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Shewa Olawale)
Congratulations 🥳🥳
Do you mind telling us what provider it was and the interview process?

Thanks I’m advance.
Hi Shewa

I was accepted by a large SCITT provider quite local to me.

The interview process was virtual with a panel. I had to present and discuss a lesson plan of my own choosing. I was then quizzed on the lesson plan with possible scenarios (e.g. what would you do if a child was not engaging). Following this there was a question and answer interview. I found I had some rather “out of the box” questions that threw me and I had not prepared for. If you get anything that you haven’t prepared an answer to, don’t be afraid to take a moment and think about it. I had a glass of water next to me so I could use this to help with some thinking time (and keep me hydrated of course).
C_L_W
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi Shewa

The interview process was virtual with a panel. I had to present and discuss a lesson plan of my own choosing. I was then quizzed on the lesson plan with possible scenarios (e.g. what would you do if a child was not engaging). Following this there was a question and answer interview. I found I had some rather “out of the box” questions that threw me and I had not prepared for. If you get anything that you haven’t prepared an answer to, don’t be afraid to take a moment and think about it. I had a glass of water next to me so I could use this to help with some thinking time (and keep me hydrated of course).
Thank you outlining your interview. Doesn't sound too scary. I have my interview a week Friday, I haven't been given an activity to prepare for yet as they are on half term.
YorkshireBorn
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by C_L_W)
Thank you outlining your interview. Doesn't sound too scary. I have my interview a week Friday, I haven't been given an activity to prepare for yet as they are on half term.
No problem. I think the main thing they are looking for is a passion. Do you really want this? Do you understand the workload involved? Are you committed?

If you’ve not got any classroom experience (I haven’t) I would recommend watching some online classes (Oak National Academy is good) so you can see some of how the curriculum is implemented, I also watched loads of YouTube videos on behaviour management.

Good luck for your interview, I am sure you will smash it!
Barday
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No problem. I think the main thing they are looking for is a passion. Do you really want this? Do you understand the workload involved? Are you committed?

If you’ve not got any classroom experience (I haven’t) I would recommend watching some online classes (Oak National Academy is good) so you can see some of how the curriculum is implemented, I also watched loads of YouTube videos on behaviour management.

Good luck for your interview, I am sure you will smash it!
Hey, thanks alot. I too have no classroom experience and haven't heard anything from my providers yet. It has been a litlle over a week now, so i was nervous. But your words and interview experience seems reassuring to me.
YorkshireBorn
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Barday)
Hey, thanks alot. I too have no classroom experience and haven't heard anything from my providers yet. It has been a litlle over a week now, so i was nervous. But your words and interview experience seems reassuring to me.
Glad I can help a bit. Do not be nervous, some providers will move slower than others, I was lucky that mine were swift. Just do your best and I’m sure you will do great.
Shewa Olawale
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi Shewa

Thank you so much for replying. That was so helpful!
Arianax
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I got an offer from Newman University Birmingham

Looks like I'm going to be a Primary Teacher next year!

Still waiting to hear back from the other two places I applied.

So excited, roll on next September.
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Arianax)

Wow that's such a great news!
I can imagine how happy and releived you must be...
If only i get any positive response from my providers soon...Had applied on 19th and it has been well over a week now...
Arianax
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Wow that's such a great news!
I can imagine how happy and releived you must be...
If only i get any positive response from my providers soon...Had applied on 19th and it has been well over a week now...
Thank you

Very! Just so happy I got in, first time applying and first interview.

You will soon, don't worry.

I haven't heard back from 2 places I've applied too, going to see what they say first then make my decision based on that.

What are you applying for?
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you

Very! Just so happy I got in, first time applying and first interview.

You will soon, don't worry.

I haven't heard back from 2 places I've applied too, going to see what they say first then make my decision based on that.

What are you applying for?
I am applying for secondary science (Chemistry) teacher in Birmingham.
And I haven't heard anything positive yet.. may be my providers are too busy many applications or too laid back and slow...
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Btw how many days before the interview did they emailed you? Did u get time to prepare for it?
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Good luck!
C_L_W
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

That’s great news! Congratulations 🥳
Arianax
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I am applying for secondary science (Chemistry) teacher in Birmingham.
And I haven't heard anything positive yet.. may be my providers are too busy many applications or too laid back and slow...
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (196)
43.85%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.83%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (94)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.59%

Watched Threads