Queen Mary - Physician associate - 2021 entry

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi guys!
Anyone applying for physician associate course at Queen Mary 2021 entry?, Is the PA course is funded by HEE at Queen Mary? and also do we need to do UKAT in order to secure a place?
Than you.
zara_14555
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi guys!
Anyone applying for physician associate course at Queen Mary 2021 entry?, Is the PA course is funded by HEE at Queen Mary? and also do we need to do UKAT in order to secure a place?
Than you.
hi! I am hoping to apply here, do you know when the applications open? the website says 30th May but it still says unavailble. i dont think the course is funded however,
thanks
Anonymous #1
(Original post by zara_14555)
hi! I am hoping to apply here, do you know when the applications open? the website says 30th May but it still says unavailble. i dont think the course is funded however,
thanks
Oh hey!
And yes I was also confused about the application as its not open yet, so I've emailed them regarding the application and will update here once I get a reply. Anyways have you done the personal statement?
privateldn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone,Within the application form it asks about the country of residence and in the dropdown list it doesnt have the option for UK, and this is stopping me from completing my application. Is anyone else facing the same issue?:/
zara_14555
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by privateldn)
Hi everyone,Within the application form it asks about the country of residence and in the dropdown list it doesnt have the option for UK, and this is stopping me from completing my application. Is anyone else facing the same issue?:/
try England instead of United Kingdom.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys!
Than you.
How are you going to pay for the course? Also they want experience but because of the covid outbreak I'm unable to get one. What shall I do I'm really worried.
LOSTSTUDENT10
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hey guys i was wondering if anyone applied to queen mary jan 2021 start and if any has heard any replies?
Anonymous #1
How are you going to pay for the course? Also they want experience but because of the covid outbreak I'm unable to get one. What shall I do I'm really worried.
Hey!
I am planning to pay through postgraduate student loan, HEE grant and rest are self funded. And since the application at qmul only close September try to get one in GP surgery or anywhere health related but if you can't I advice you to add any experience you may have that are transferable to the course.
Kikamons
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I think funding is available through England Student Finance and you don’t need UKAT In order to secure the place.
Kikamons
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am trying to apply this year, as far as I know you have to apply directly to Queen Mary University portal , and funding for PA studies I am looking to get through England Student Finance
(Original post by zara_14555)
thanks
mollysofia
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone, I'm looking at applying for Jan 2021. Out of interest how many people here (if any) went straight from their undergraduate to applying/getting a place on the PA course?

or do most people on the course have a couple years of work experience?

Any responses would be sooooo helpful!
Thanks!
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mollysofia)
Hi everyone, I'm looking at applying for Jan 2021. Out of interest how many people here (if any) went straight from their undergraduate to applying/getting a place on the PA course?

Thanks!
I went straight from undergrad and found it rather easily to apply. I am currently studying at QMUL for physician associate studies, so if that is your aim to go straight from undergrad...then you should do it.
EllaFermor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by mollysofia)

Thanks!
Hello! I don't know if this is helpful but I went straight from my undergraduate in Psychology with Neuroscience to getting a place on the PA course at Plymouth University this year without much work experience
atimsa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I went straight from undergrad and found it rather easily to apply. I am currently studying at QMUL for physician associate studies, so if that is your aim to go straight from undergrad...then you should do it.
Hey,
I am interested in applying for the jan 2021 entry for QMUL. How was the application process for qmul? Also, how much clinical work experience did you have prior to your application. I am currently unable to find any work experience or even a job as HCA and Im a little worried that my application doesnt involve enough clinical experience. Do you have any tips about the application process?
Thanks
atimsa
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi guys!
Than you.
Hey guys, Im applying for the jan 2021 entry. Is anyone else also applying or has applied to the jan 2021 entry?
Anonymous12098
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
How was the interview? I applied for the PA masters like a month and a half ago for Jan 2021, still says
hfm1993
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm looking to apply, although last minute for the Jan 2021 intake. Finger-crossed.
Sahmed14
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I applied long time ago 😹 July time !!!the wait is a killer !! Any ideas on selection day/ interview???
Last edited by Sahmed14; 11 months ago
Hamzaa006
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
hey, everyone i applied ages ago for jan start but i haven't heard anything from uni, has anyone else from them
Hamzaa006
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by atimsa)
Hey guys, Im applying for the jan 2021 entry. Is anyone else also applying or has applied to the jan 2021 entry?
I have but haven't heard anything from them, what about you?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.94%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (10)
14.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
14.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.76%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
38.24%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.65%

Watched Threads