Want more information about this university?
SophiaBr
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi everyone,

I'll be starting my undergratuate course at the MMU this year and now I'm searching for accommodation.
Now I might not be the typical first year student, by already having a degree and being 25 years old. I'm not sure if I would fit into the MMU accommodation in a flat where mostly everyone is a "real" first year.

Do you have any reccomendations for other students housings, as I still want a shared flat ( at best with en suite ). Of cousre I'm also up for parties and drinks and want the flat to be social.
But I maybe might be a better fit for a flat where people are more my age?
Or can anyone share their experience as a "mature" student in MMU accommodation?

I'm grateful for any tip or recommendation!
Thanks
Miss_Colly
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I realise this is late but I'm a current first year student and mature student. I was 28 when I moved ih not halls (Oxford court). There was another girl my age in my block and several other students in their early to mid 20s. I've loved my time here. I think oxford court has a reputation of being a quieter accommodation but theres definitely still plenty of parties and everyone has been friendly and sociable. My age has never been a re real issue and I've made a wide range of friends in my time here from 18-28 so don't worry too much about being a mature student. We're all first years and all in the same boat regardless of age.
SophiaBr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thanks for your answer.

yeah I'm still torn between halls and renting privately. I only got a room in a 8 bed flat, which might be too much for me (wanted to get into oxford court, but it was full ) but if nothing else works out, I hope I will be fine there too
MaariyahP_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey, I’ve seen that you’re looking for an accommodation and I am actually looking for a new tenant as I won’t be able to move out for my last year at Uni. The accommodation I signed a contract to is Five Victoria Point and it’s a 2 bed apartment, me and my friend both need 2 people to take over our lease. If you’re interested let me know.
SophiaBr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by MaariyahP_)
Hey, I’ve seen that you’re looking for an accommodation and I am actually looking for a new tenant as I won’t be able to move out for my last year at Uni. The accommodation I signed a contract to is Five Victoria Point and it’s a 2 bed apartment, me and my friend both need 2 people to take over our lease. If you’re interested let me know.
Hi,
thanks for your offer, but unfortunately that's not what I'm looking for! Good luck tho in finding someone
Benny123gc
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SophiaBr)
Thanks for your answer.

yeah I'm still torn between halls and renting privately. I only got a room in a 8 bed flat, which might be too much for me (wanted to get into oxford court, but it was full ) but if nothing else works out, I hope I will be fine there too
Hey are you still looking for accommodation cause I have one that I think you’ll like, it’s in a 3 bedroom flat
SophiaBr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Benny123gc)
Hey are you still looking for accommodation cause I have one that I think you’ll like, it’s in a 3 bedroom flat
Hi, yes I am! can you send me a link or something so I can have a look
Benny123gc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ImageImage
Name:  825D0C60-E457-4DCE-8084-5B070461DAEA.jpeg
Views: 8
Size:  97.4 KB
Benny123gc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.campuslivingvillages.co.uk/manchester/
Benny123gc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you’re interested message me, x
SophiaBr
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Benny123gc)
If you’re interested message me, x
Thanks for the link, but I have decided not to move into halls!
Benny123gc
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks for the link, but I have decided not to move into halls!
Oh so what are you going with?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (84)
31.46%
Less motivated (183)
68.54%

Watched Threads